Philippine airlines

Clermont
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Freebie said:

but they wont specifically state covid coverage.

Yeah I've found that too, also if you have a health problem, they say no cover available. Give another few weeks and it will be dropped when some bright spark dose statistics on the amount of foreigners actually using their hospitals and not paying cash for the service or the lack of tourists visiting the PI's against other Asian countries. :9436:

• Like 1

baronapart
Posted
Posted
On 2/11/2022 at 11:24 PM, Youngster said:

According to this vlogger, 13A and SRRV visa holders do not need to have travel medical coverage. Good news for some of us  

Vlogger Grandpa has some informative videos but you might have to take some NoDoze to get through them.))))

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 2/12/2022 at 6:46 AM, Clermont said:

Tried a few some no covid cover and very limited health service, others $ 5/600 for 4 months.

If your comming as a tourist you would only pay for 1 month insurance in my opinion. 

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 2/13/2022 at 11:21 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

If your comming as a tourist you would only pay for 1 month insurance in my opinion. 

What if you renew? Just wait....

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 2/13/2022 at 7:21 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Rats.  I just looked up Pacific Blue Cross travel insurance for 1 month.  It asked a bunch of health questions and I answered that I do have diabetes.  The result is . . . .  *drum roll* . . .  $744 (but thats CDN eh).  This whole vacation is getting fecking ridiculous but Lyn and her son are so excited about going to visit family that I see no way out but to jump through the hoops.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

travel insurance

Has anyone looked into self insurance.  In the past I was always self-insured.  I could easily provide a letter from my bank to say I had sufficient funds to self insure for Covid up to the required $35K

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Has anyone looked into self insurance.  In the past I was always self-insured. 

I have mostly self-insured whilst in the Philippines as well but I wouldn't like to be in the position of explaining that to an immigration officer if I was asked to show 'proof of insurance with Covid cover'.  So I bought a policy (just for 30 days because I'll see what happens with extensions and health cover later on).

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

So I bought a policy

Refresh my memory . .  what did that cost you?  I am having trouble finding anything under $500 because they are all based on where my residence is and I ain't in da Philippines any more.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
Just now, Dave Hounddriver said:

Refresh my memory . .  what did that cost you?  I am having trouble finding anything under $500 because they are all based on where my residence is and I ain't in da Philippines any more.

I used covermore.com.au and it cost me (in my 60s) $216 Australian for 30 days cover including Covid cover (but excluding trip cancellation due to Covid).

https://www.covermore.com.au/travel-insurance/compare-our-plans#International  (quote button here also)

https://www.covermore.com.au/travel-insurance/benefits/covid-19  (Covid cover information here) 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

$216 Australian for 30 days

I see.  As a Canadian resident I doubt I can get that.  The best plan for me is over double that in Canadian dollars.  I really do not like that insurance amount.  I have been anti-insurance for decades in this just reinforces my pet prejudice.  I'll have to keep looking I guess.  I detest paying in the triple digit insurance just for the privilege of coming to Cebu for a month but I hate fighting about it with the wife even more.

I wonder if I can get some Philippine coverage by telling them I am a resident there.  I don't care if they don't pay out.  I just need a cheap bit of paper to satisfy immigration.