9a Extension Costs as of February 14

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, The Carabao Whisperer said:

on 02-feb-2022 i paid 1,830 for 2 months

https://imgur.com/a/C0gBxMF

Your 500 a month express fees are on another receipt if you paid for express which adds another 1k to the price plus another 500 for certification fee  to add to the visa cost, P1500 plus visa.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

You guys know that the 9a extensions have always been more expensive than the visa on arrival (tourist) extensions right?  They are two completely different forms of entry.  Yes the 9a has gone up compared to the out of date website but not significantly.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Yes the 9a has gone up compared to the out of date website but not significantly.

Actually does not seem to have gone up for normal extensions. Throughout the year different extensions seem to come at different prices even without things like arc or annual report or thats how it seems to me.

My total cost for 2 months which is the same as carbabaros in a post above.

P2840

Images show 300 peso Annual report which I deducted for cost purpose for normal months.

visa cost.jpg     visa cost 2.jpg

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, BrettGC said:

You guys know that the 9a extensions have always been more expensive than the visa on arrival (tourist) extensions right?

Damn expensive if the cost is what you shown earlier. Some say before covid to get a visa in the home country as its cheaper, well not if you want to extend its not. 

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Oh well, the intent of my OP was to give updated 9a extension costs.  Nothing more.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Actually does not seem to have gone up for normal extensions. Throughout the year different extensions seem to come at different prices even without things like arc or annual report or thats how it seems to me.

My total cost for 2 months which is the same as carbabaros in a post above.

P2840

Images show 300 peso Annual report which I deducted for cost purpose for normal months.

visa cost.jpg     visa cost 2.jpg

Jolly, love what you have done to your nails. :whistling:

• Haha 2

Gator
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Jolly, love what you have done to your nails. :whistling:

He did them special for V day. 🤣

• Haha 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 2/16/2022 at 8:01 PM, BrettGC said:

Oh well, the intent of my OP was to give updated 9a extension costs.  Nothing more.

As far as I understand, once a tourist on a visa on arrival has extended his visa then its called a 9a so if there's confusion then l guess thats where it is. I think anyone who is a tourist is a 9a, am l correct as thats what I always understood?

The topic got mixed between fees for VUA and those who obtained a visa prior to comming here.

No problem, we have learned two things. Cost to extend for visas obtained outside the Philippines are much higher than VUA and cost for VUA extensions are still about the same cost as a few months ago.

:56da64af91f92_23_11_602:

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I think anyone who is a tourist is a 9a, am l correct as thats what I always understood?

I always understood the same.  Come for 30 days as a tourist and stay longer as a 9a temporary visitor

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

As far as I understand, once a tourist on a visa on arrival has extended his visa then its called a 9a so if there's confusion then l guess thats where it is. I think anyone who is a tourist is a 9a, am l correct as thats what I always understood?

I think a lot of the confusion happens when people use the term BB Visa, 30 day Visa on arrival, etc.  Arrival as a tourist and there is no "visa", just an arrival stamp in the passport with a "leave by" date.   Balikbayan privilege is also not a "visa", again just an arrival stamp and leave by date.   As Dave stated, arrive as a tourist then apply for a visa if required.

• Like 3