9a Extension Costs as of February 14

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

So I went to do the actual extension on Monday, picked up my passport etc on Wednesday.

Advertised cost of 13600PHP for 6 months with express fee, actual cost 10380PHP plus 3k extension fee.  So even from the horses mouth a couple of weeks ago it was different.  

I also asked that since I entered on a 9a how long I can extend out to.  The response was, and I'm paraphrasing here, "normally only 2 years on a 9a but you're from a visa not required country so 3 years".  Again different to what I'd previously been told by the same agent.  I'll be on a 13a soon enough, was just asking out of curiosity.  

As for no ACR-I card for tourists anymore, which I'd also been told on my previous fact finding visit; this time I was informed "Come back in a month and we can submit it then".  Again, I'm paraphrasing, and again, same agent as last time that told me no ACR-I card for tourists.  

No stamp in the passport, just the receipt to be kept with my passport, and that letter stating there was no issues with my extension i.e. Not blacklisted etc. 

For those in Dumaguete, I was there at 915am and the only one there.  

6 Month Exentsion.jpg

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, BrettGC said:

No stamp in the passport, just the receipt to be kept with my passport, and that letter stating there was no issues with my extension i.e. Not blacklisted etc. 

You will be blacklisted if you keep having a birthday each year. 

Wish the new expat but old body a happy birthday :happy-birthday-cake:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1