World war 3?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

With Putin beginning his invasion which he said he would not do and now threatening the world or anyone that tries to stop him, do you think this will end badly?

Putin

"Whoever tries to impede us, let alone create threats for our country and its people, must know that the Russian response will be immediate and lead to the consequences you have never seen in history," he said.

https://au.yahoo.com/news/truth-vladimir-putin-threat-nato-forces-ukraine-064530611.html

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

The SAS seem to be very late in going in there and blowing his little ferret-faced head off.  

• Haha 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

do you think this will end badly?

For the Ukrainians yes....But when the USA and Nato have said they WILL NOT send troops to fight inside of Ukraine,,,,Putin has free rein. 

I am contact with one of my old soldiers who are in Poland right now, they are not getting ready to fight, but they are setting up refugee camps.

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

My opinion is divided on this.  History has shown that Tyrants who start to take over Europe must be stopped as they will never stop on their own.  However, no one interfered with USA when they went into Iraq or Kuwait or Afghanistan so maybe Russia feels it is their turn.  Hopefully the Ukranians will make them pay dearly for every mile of territory they take.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted

He has Napoleon complex, I say we novichok this cassock, give him a taste of his own medicine.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Sad state of affairs. It's frightening and discouraging that we have two major powers who threaten world peace today. One would think we have learned better from past wars. 

Putin now openly threatening the nuclear option if apposed.

Is there hope economic sanctions could bring them to reason? It could be in todays interconnected world this may be the case. 

Should Expats living in Philippines be concerned with Dictator Xi invading Taiwan? Or expanding near Philippines?

I don't have any confidence in US or world leadership and suggest this weakness or ineptitude encourages and emboldens rouge nations to behave badly. 

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

Should Expats living in Philippines be concerned with Dictator Xi invading Taiwan? Or expanding near Philippines?

I don't have any confidence in US or world leadership and suggest this weakness or ineptitude encourages and emboldens rouge nations to behave badly. 

My thoughts exactly.  If he sees Putin doing what he wants with no consequences beyond words then he will do the same.  China built islands near Philippines so they would probably like to roll in and take over if they thought they would be unopposed.

Hitler/Mussolini/Hirohito took years to defeat.  Putin/Xi/Jon-Un may think they have a better chance.  Sanctions don't work.  If you don't give them what they want then they take it.

Hope they do not do any major land grabs until my vacation is over 🤡

• Like 5

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

30 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

take over if they thought they would be unopposed.

For myself, I am not worried about a military take over of the PI by china...for several reasons. 

Historically china has not started a war of aggression in 3000 years, they have only lashed out when felling threatened and their cultural political mindset has not changed in that time. They still consider themselves the "Middle Kingdom". Racially, culturally and politically superior the western barbarians. Also, why would they fight over the PI when they can basically just buy it?

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, scott h said:

For myself, I am not worried about a military take over of the PI by china...for several reasons. 

Historically china has not started a war of aggression in 3000 years, they have only lashed out when felling threatened and their cultural political mindset has not changed in that time. They still consider themselves the "Middle Kingdom". Racially, culturally and politically superior the western barbarians. Also, why would they fight over the PI when they can basically just buy it?

I agree with you that China has nothing to gain by invading the main Islands of Philippines in fact doing so would be a burden and liability. 

However China has invaded other countries. They took over the Spartly islands by force. Their behavior in Hong Kong is highly disturbing and opposed to international agreements. Granted Hong Kong is part of China.

More troubling China has been at economic war with the world especially the US. 

My concern is if Xi and ccp decides to attack Taiwan there would be serious consequences regionally and internationally that would be certain to effect Philippines. This is all conjecture we would hope and pray for peace. 

Edited by Old55
  • Like 4