Password manager

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Anyone using one that works? I was using Nordpass but canceled it, too hard for an old bloke like me. I love simplicity.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I just use a .txt document and copy/paste from that, the copy/paste avoids the key loggers.  I have it backed up with a notebook kept in a safe location.  The .txt is saved on my computer and a secure cloud.  

• Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted

I use Keeper. Family plan is about 75USD/yr. I also use .txt with Cloud backup as Brett does. I like the convenience of auto-fill with Keeper .

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Thanks everybody 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Greglm said:

I use Keeper. Family plan is about 75USD/yr. I also use .txt with Cloud backup as Brett does. I like the convenience of auto-fill with Keeper .

Keeper looks like a keeper.  For those that don't need a family plan, they have a single user for 34.99 and a free one for just one device.

I might get a family plan.  My wife is terrible with passwords.  A safe and secure auto-fill would be great!

https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/keeper-password-manager-digital-vault

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

So what's wrong with Google Chrome keeping the passwords on your device and auto-filling them for you.  Its what I do.  Problem is it won't tell me its own password so I can't sign in to Google Chrome on any other device :feetontable_anim:

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Just as a general observation - it has gotten ridiculous with password - I have more than 45 for various different things.  It's amusing to read sites where they say please don't write down your password and just remember it - if only!.  And, it's not easy to have the same passwords across sites etc as the criteria are so varied.  

Gone are the days when all we had to remember was the 4-digit PIN for the ATM! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I use Google Chrome auto generated strong passwords for everyday website use and a cloud stored .txt file (with local backup) and copy/paste to enter them for important stuff like banking.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So what's wrong with Google Chrome keeping the passwords on your device and auto-filling them for you.  Its what I do.  Problem is it won't tell me its own password so I can't sign in to Google Chrome on any other device :feetontable_anim:

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Just as a general observation - it has gotten ridiculous with password - I have more than 45 for various different things.  It's amusing to read sites where they say please don't write down your password and just remember it - if only!.  And, it's not easy to have the same passwords across sites etc as the criteria are so varied.  

Gone are the days when all we had to remember was the 4-digit PIN for the ATM! 

Regarding Chrome, I never trusted saving passwords there because I don't know exactly how it is done, and if someone uses your computer, they automatically have your passwords and log into websites, right???  I read that Hunter Biden saves his passwords in Chrome.  :hystery:

Using Keeper on all of your devices is an attractive feature.

45 passwords?  I have well over 100!  Then my wife has hers and now my kids have some.  I need to do some more research but I think Keeper family version is on the radar.

• Like 2