Bank transfers from Australia

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I have never used but Remitly seemed to have good rates

https://www.remitly.com/au/en/philippines

Bloody hell, that's a good rate as of 2230.  Might have to look into them, I wonder what their fees are like.  

Edit:  Never mind, $3.99/transfer.  Not bad.  

Edited by BrettGC

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Nothing on the BOQ site about it at all.  

Next time I do a transaction I will screenshot as shows to me everytime :tiphat:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Next time I do a transaction I will screenshot as shows to me everytime :tiphat:

This is what i meant Brett

boq message.PNG

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

This is what i meant Brett

boq message.PNG

Not getting anything other than the recent transaction with the transfer going through as normal mate.  Sent the following about 10 mins ago.  

image.png

Onemore52
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I have never used but Remitly seemed to have good rates

https://www.remitly.com/au/en/philippines

They might have good rates but are worse than Telstra for customer service, or lack of service.

Last week I had some big bills after getting the Mazda serviced, save that for another post. So Remitly cut me off, and wanted for me to go to another tier level, no problems it’s their service.

So I went onto their app to do this, but the app froze and wouldn’t let me upload my passport and driver’s licence.

Then I contacted them on their chat line, where they gave me an email address for the upload.

I sent these documents 20 times and didn’t receive a response. So then they called me and gave me the third degree after the usual verification process, which I already had give them ten times on the  chat line,then they wanted to know why I wanted the money.

So I got through all that but then they gave me approval for 3000.u.s a day. So then let’s go ahead with the transfer, to which they withdrew funds from my account twice 2 lots of 1200 Aussie dollars.

Last night I sent them a complaint form detailing of what they had put me through and that I would be contacting my bank reporting  Fraudulent Transactions by Remitly.

Remitly, I never want to hear from them again, but I don’t think it’s finished yet.

Edited by Onemore52
Grammar
  • Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

They might have good rates

You might want to reconsider who to blame, I've just been around the block a couple of times with a money sender and it worked out, it was the security built into the account but between us and the co-operation with the bank, ( namely asking for a managers cheque, ),we have got the first large transfer into the wifes bank account, The real test comes tomorrow when we transfer another amount while we are in the PI's Banks want you to use their services:1927_:,   thats what I think of their exchange rates.

• I'm Confused 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Not getting anything other than the recent transaction with the transfer going through as normal mate.  Sent the following about 10 mins ago.  

Yes it goes through, all I was trying to say is that the bank as shown in our screenshots ask if we did a transaction and meant to click on OK. I dont use the account for anything else so maybe they ask with any outgoing transaction.  :tiphat:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 6/5/2022 at 9:53 AM, Onemore52 said:

Not with Westpac and St.George building society as of a few months ago,

Changes to POLi payments for Westpac customers

As a valued customer, we want to let you know about a change to POLi payments for Westpac customers. A decision by Westpac means that Westpac customers can no longer use POLi to pay for their WorldRemit money transfers.

Three other banks in the Westpac group have also stopped accepting POLi payments: 

BankSA
Bank of Melbourne
St. George

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Dont know if there is an issue with Worldremits system but Today the Poli option was not available at all. Only option was card for bank transfer. No I'm not with any Westpac and makes no difference as the option normally shows to select bank.

Guess I will try again later. 

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Dont know if there is an issue with Worldremits system but Today the Poli option was not available at all. Only option was card for bank transfer. No I'm not with any Westpac and makes no difference as the option normally shows to select bank.

Guess I will try again later. 

I was using WorldRemit for some months earlier this year without any problems, using transfers with a debit card then then the wheels fell off, where every transaction was declined because Mastercard identification process could not verify me. With countless calls to Westpac trying to find out why and as many emails to WorldRemit, Westpac blamed WorldRemit and of course WorldRemit blamed Westpac. In the end I just gave up with WorldRemit.

I am now with OrbitRemit and it is working, it takes a lot to get it set up as their verification process is quite involved but it is working for now.

Their process involves getting a transfer number and then sending money to their account before they forward it on. But a word of caution in that once you set up the transfer there is no cancellation as they buy the money on the market rate at the time and can’t revere the transaction.