Bank transfers from Australia

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Dont know if there is an issue with Worldremits system but Today the Poli option was not available at all. Only option was card for bank transfer. No I'm not with any Westpac and makes no difference as the option normally shows to select bank.

Guess I will try again later. 

Same for me as well, I checked the app and the web browser and Poli was gone.  I just used my card.  I hope it's a glitch.  The problem would be solved for me if ComSuper would transfer to international accounts - ComSuper administer the 20+ year military pensions.  My DVA pension, which is separate to ComSuper and managed by DVA, do transfer to overseas accounts.  

I should just get off my arse and sort my Citibank PI account out, I have a AU account but the PI account needs to be activated.  Once done I can transfer directly from one to the other.   

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Same for me as well, I checked the app and the web browser and Poli was gone.  I just used my card.  I hope it's a glitch. 

My issue is I dont have a card from Australia now so I cant use a card to send here. What next, my life is hell. 

• Sad 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

My issue is I dont have a card from Australia now so I cant use a card to send here. What next, my life is hell. 

HSBC specifically advertise international accounts but again, you'll need a card to access the money but they do send them overseas if requested.  

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

HSBC specifically advertise international accounts but again, you'll need a card to access the money but they do send them overseas if requested.  

I only have a BOQ account these days. I looked at bank transfer to the Philippines but for international transactions need to register the account first which I could not do online. I think I will just sit at the bar as it seems to be one of those days. Hope the water is free :huh:

• Sad 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I shouldn’t have said anything, now the OrbitRemit site has gone belly up, not tits up.

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Well Poli might be back in a few weeks, seems strange. 

Hi, Tom. We're sorry for this trouble. Currently, POLI payment is temporarily suspended due to maintenance work, we only have the card option to pay for your transfer. We're hoping this will be back up and running in the next couple of weeks. Thanks, Aimee

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well Poli might be back in a few weeks, seems strange. 

Hi, Tom. We're sorry for this trouble. Currently, POLI payment is temporarily suspended due to maintenance work, we only have the card option to pay for your transfer. We're hoping this will be back up and running in the next couple of weeks. Thanks, Aimee

In the meantime, if you have Paypal you could pay into that using your bank details and send it to a secondary account that just happens to based here perhaps?  

XE also transfers direct from bank accounts to another in a different country.  I used to use that but it's a little more expensive. https://www.xe.com/mt/nz-money-transfer/lp/aff-moneytrans/?ClickId=XFS1E20QvxyNUyoSlPSheWVJUkD1nFUTHy9A0o0&af_ad=remit_mt.com&af_c_id=12610&af_siteid=2687051&c=MT&dfxid=110762&irclickid=XFS1E20QvxyNUyoSlPSheWVJUkD1nFUTHy9A0o0&irgwc=1&pid=impactradius_int

Edited by BrettGC

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, BrettGC said:

XE also transfers direct from bank accounts to another in a different country.

Sometimes they do.  Sometimes, as in my case, they decide in mid-transfer that they don't want to do business with me and cancel the transaction.  I think they did not like that I was transferring from myself to myself.  Sometimes that works and sometimes it raises red flags.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Sometimes they do.  Sometimes, as in my case, they decide in mid-transfer that they don't want to do business with me and cancel the transaction.  I think they did not like that I was transferring from myself to myself.  Sometimes that works and sometimes it raises red flags.

Haven't used them for some years but never had an issue back then; times change though. 

I used Western Union for years, then all of a sudden I was flagged for "potential money laundering" earlier this year and my account was suspended.  Funny thing was the amounts were rarely over $1000AUD and I only every used them when the World Remit site was down.  World's most inefficient money launderer.  

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Well, I flagged last year that there was a shake-up in the banking industry and a lot of overseas accounts would be effected. Yes we all knew how to send money overseas but even the major money transfer people put restrictions on their transfers and Poli is no exception. I did a lot of research on ways to shift money cheaply and the only way I found is a currency conveyor. Brett i looked at DVA putting money into my wife's account, which they will, but you have no control over the  exchange rate, it's the rate of the day. World-remit has always had a policy of not transferring money from, Australia to the PI's while transferring it from the PI's. Using cards is expensive, not only are you charged at the ATM, your bank charges you an international transaction fee as well. The currency conveyor charges less than world remit all up, and will exchange I think as low as $250.00, but you have to do a lot of proving it's you, It's all to do with this banking Royal commission and once your proof of identity is verified ,transfers are generally processed that day, even large amounts. We can't quote currency conveyor firms but if you need help, PM me. :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:this is what we're here for, not worrying about money matters.