PhilHealth, pay for the time you been overseas or not, to continue?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Colsie said:

I agree with your sentiments... 

From my understanding of CebuAndy issue, is that he wasn't dipping in and out, so much as was essentially locked out for a couple of years, otherwise he would have been enjoying life in the Philippines during the covid experience :89:

In his 1st post he said his 8 months out of the country was pre-covid.

• Like 1

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Colsie said:

From my understanding of CebuAndy issue, is that he wasn't dipping in and out, so much as was essentially locked out for a couple of years, otherwise he would have been enjoying life in the Philippines during the covid experience :89:

That is 100% correct.

Although "enjoying life in the Philippines during the covid experience" is to stretch it just a little bit 😁 but I like your sense of humor.

Thailand didn't require barangay pass or face shield, but we had 3 months "stay at home" and only allowed going out to buy food, and hospital etc, was allowed. No lack of food during covid was a relief.

• Like 1

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, hk blues said:

In his 1st post he said his 8 months out of the country was pre-covid.

Left just before covid started, due to need of lifesaving surgery and obvious need for opiods during a extended time of recovery.

No Opioids available in the Philippines, I had no choice than to leave.

Else I would had stayed in the Philippines.

• Like 1

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted
On 7/7/2022 at 5:20 PM, CebuAndy said:

Pre-covid I was away for 8 months and when I came back in country and to PhilHealth office

Just to clarify, this was my previous trip to the Philippines, not my last trip to the Philippines.

Sorry for any confusion.

(I must be more detailed)

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, CebuAndy said:

Just to clarify, this was my previous trip to the Philippines, not my last trip to the Philippines.

Sorry for any confusion.

(I must be more detailed)

No worries - I'll let it go this time! :hystery:

• Love it 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 7/9/2022 at 10:42 AM, CebuAndy said:

I accept to disagree with some, and continue only with my commercial insurance company.

Not sure if all insurance companies here are the same but I recall looking into insurance once and from memory they required one to be registered with Philhealth as part of their coverage. 

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, CebuAndy said:

No Opioids available in the Philippines, I had no choice than to leave.

While certainly not as commonly used or available in other countries, opioids are available here in the Philippines and can be prescribed if the doctor has a narcotics license.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)

Booked in to have cataract surgery, been told they have put it back a month, Not a bigger but they said I can't use my wife's Phil-health account as I'm a foreigner

We explained to her that I was on my wife's account before the change in 2016, but they would not have it so I told them to cancel my opp and stormed out of the building.

So back to square 1. 

Edited by jimeve
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, jimeve said:

Booked in to have cataract surgery, been told they have put it back a month, Not a bigger but they said I can't use my wife's Phil-health account as I'm a foreigner

We explained to her that I was on my wife's account before the change in 2016, but they would not have it so I told them to cancel my opp and stormed out of the building.

So back to square 1. 

Sorry to hear this Jim.

Hopefully you can find a way to have this procedure done some other way. 

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, jimeve said:

So back to square 1. 

That just doesn't sound correct.  Have you tried contacting other places that do cataracts?   I ask because I, and I am sure many other expats, are on the wife's Philhealth plan and should be grandfathered. 

• Like 1