Forms SSA-7161 and SSA-7162 are in the mail June 2022

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Genuine question - where would someone even access a fax machine these days? I've not seen one in all the time I've been here, at least not one that looks like it would actually work.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Genuine question - where would someone even access a fax machine these days? I've not seen one in all the time I've been here, at least not one that looks like it would actually work.

Computer programs that use a scanned image and send it to a fax number.  Not sure there is really a "fax machine" at the destination, maybe another piece of software?  

• Thanks 1

TEXAS EX
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Ram1957 said:

833-719-0632

thank you bro, much obliged

Ram1957
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, hk blues said:

Most of the high end hotels have a international fax machine available.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Mike J said:

Computer programs that use a scanned image and send it to a fax number.  Not sure there is really a "fax machine" at the destination, maybe another piece of software?  

These days, most "fax machines" are printer / scanners.  There are probably some super high end dedicated fax machines that are specialized to handle forms and read the text on them.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Sting
Posted
Posted

It is december 6th and me and my children have not received ours. Ssa Manila told us to wait tell today and email them. I did but am very shaken that we will not receive our 7161 and 7162. I emailed tonight the Ssa abroad division of Ssa also tonight. We don't know what to do. We can't even get ahold of Ssa Manila. 

Does anyone have this problem still. And does anyone have any suggestions on what to do 

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Sting said:

It is december 6th and me and my children have not received ours. Ssa Manila told us to wait tell today and email them. I did but am very shaken that we will not receive our 7161 and 7162. I emailed tonight the Ssa abroad division of Ssa also tonight. We don't know what to do. We can't even get ahold of Ssa Manila. 

Does anyone have this problem still. And does anyone have any suggestions on what to do 

Hi Sting welcome to the forum.

Are you online with My Social Security? If so contact them through that portal.

If not here is the link; https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Contact phone number, email and snail mail links; https://www.ssa.gov/agency/contact/

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Sting said:

How long have your kids been getting SS?  My kids and I started in late 2018.  The kids have always had a PH address with SS.  The kids have never received a 7162.  For me, SS has my U.S. mailing address so I'm not sure if I am supposed to get one.

7 hours ago, Old55 said:

Are you online with My Social Security? If so contact them through that portal.

That does not work for kids.  They are not allowed to have an online account.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

How long have your kids been getting SS?  My kids and I started in late 2018.  The kids have always had a PH address with SS.  The kids have never received a 7162.  For me, SS has my U.S. mailing address so I'm not sure if I am supposed to get one.

That does not work for kids.  They are not allowed to have an online account.

The SS online portal is not allowed for overseas US children? How about US adults living in Philippines?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

The SS online portal is not allowed for overseas US children? How about US adults living in Philippines?

I assumed it was not available to all under 18???  Not sure about the rules for adults.  I have had my SS online account before I moved here and now have it with my U.S. mailing address.

• Like 1