Forms SSA-7161 and SSA-7162 are in the mail June 2022

Sting
Posted
Posted
On 12/7/2022 at 7:45 AM, Old55 said:

The SS online portal is not allowed for overseas US children? How about US adults living in Philippines?

No however you still have to fill out a form for each of your children. To receive there benifits. I called the OIG of social Security and told them there was no notice of this for us tell November 2022. And our emails are not getting answered. Also when I first moved here in 2014 you could call Ssa anytime a day. 5 days a week. Now it 8am to 11am we cant ecen get through to them. I think more people should call the OIG and complain about there service to us. 

Sting
Posted
Posted

MORE PEOPLE NEED TO CALL THE SSA OIG AND REPORT SSA MANILA

I called the OIG last night and explained about my and my childrens 7161 and 7162 forms. They were very nice. And made a report and told me they have it passed on to a inspection team  I told them about our mail not receiving mail for 15 months at time from federal agencies. 

I think if more people would call and report the treatment of Ssa Manila to US citizens then there have to be something done. 

When I first moved here in 2014 you could call Ssa Manila anytime that they we open. Now it's Tuesday and Thursday 8 am to 11am. The email system in the last 4 months when from a 5 or 7 day response to a 15 day response. We they have cost us $1400 in making appointments with our daughter and when we flew there from Davao city to Manila the caseworker was not there. We asked for a supervisor and they said None avable sir. 

MORE PEOPLE NEEDTO CALL THE OIG AND REPORT THEM 

IF YOU USE VIPER ITS $10 A MONTH TO MAKE A CALL TO THE USA AND YOU GET AROUND 10 HRS OF PHONE TIME ON VIPER FOR THE $10 A MONTH IF YOU CHOOSE THE WORLD WIDE PLAN. IT CALLS ANY LAND LINE OR CELL PHONE AS LING AS YOU HAVE INTERNET. IT WORKS WITH MY PHONE ALSO IF YOU MAKE A INTERNET LOAD ON YOUR PHONE THA5 COST 50 PESOS FOR 3 DAYS ME AND MY WIFE HAVE IT ON BOTH OUR PHONE IT SAVES US ALIT OF MONEY IN LOAD. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 12/8/2022 at 8:49 PM, Sting said:

MORE PEOPLE NEED TO CALL THE SSA OIG AND REPORT SSA MANILA

I called the OIG last night and explained about my and my childrens 7161 and 7162 forms. They were very nice. And made a report and told me they have it passed on to a inspection team  I told them about our mail not receiving mail for 15 months at time from federal agencies. 

February payment is supposed to be the test if you got cut off or not.  My kids both got their payments on Feb. 6 into their Philippines BPI accounts, and their address is in the Philippines.  In 5 years, they have never received a 7161 in the mail, nor have I received a 7162.

• 4 weeks later...
Migz
Posted
Posted

Latest advisory from FBU-Manila:

image.thumb.png.bb12c3b5241f53281b59536019ef5718.png

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Migz
Posted
Posted

A lot of expats living in Thailand have received the form 7162 this year. Has anyone here in the Philippines received the form 7162 for 2023?