5yrs Jail time if you're not careful with your cash

hk blues
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Colsie said:

Sometimes here in the province the sari sari store doesn't have change for 100 peso note :whistling:

Might be another decade or so before cashless transactions used here... 

You're lucky - even in the global giants like BK and MacDonald's seem to ask for exact change every time!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Colsie said:

I used my gcash debit card last week to book PAL, I couldn't get my Landbank, Metrobank to work... But Gcash debit card worked... 

Only had BPI card. Although have Gcash account, no card. Anyway booked with Scoot instead. I think it was Cebu Pacific which had several payment options but their flight times were a pain. 

• Like 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, skippyscage said:

I didn't say deny cash - all the places I used contactless also accepted cash - it's a choice.

True, as long as they also accept cash, I think it is good.

Problem is that it was like that in Sweden and when they saw that people not used cash very often they stopped accepting cash. That is what I don't like.

Viking
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Even now?  It was that way in many places here, during the middle of the pandemic, but these days all stores near me will accept cash.  Problem is I have started to like Tap n go.

Yes, even now. It started before the pandemic. During the pandemic I can see the logic of it, but not now.

Colsie
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

You're lucky - even in the global giants like BK and MacDonald's seem to ask for exact change every time!

If I recall correctly, it was 35 degC, I had done over 100km on the bicycle and I was try to buy some cold drinks and they couldn't change 100 peso note... I don't recall feeling lucky :hystery:

• Haha 1