Medal detecting.

sanagimo
Posted
Posted

Whats rules behind medal detectors on the beaches. I have one and sometimes get lucky scanning the beach. Is there restrictions for this activity?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, sanagimo said:

Whats rules behind medal detectors on the beaches. I have one and sometimes get lucky scanning the beach. Is there restrictions for this activity?

I cannot help with that, but I can help with moving your topic out of "Members Holiday Greetings" and into "Life as an Expat".  Is it really that hard to pick the appropriate forum before posting?

• Haha 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The general rule, by international agreement, is the shoreline from low to high tide points are public use.  In the United States, the answer is, "No." regarding permits.  It's probably the same in the Philippines.  The government may restrict the use of a metal detector for some areas such as a designated archaeology site.  This activity should be okay except you will end up having 20 to 30 adults and children following you.  

• Like 1

sanagimo
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I cannot help with that, but I can help with moving your topic out of "Members Holiday Greetings" and into "Life as an Expat".  Is it really that hard to pick the appropriate forum before posting?

sorry for putting it in the wrong forum and thanks for the info

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Putting the post in the wrong forum isn't the worst mistake in the post IMHO:whistling:

• Haha 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Putting the post in the wrong forum isn't the worst mistake in the post IMHO

30 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I agree.  He deserves a metal for it!

@Jollygoodfellow  May I recommend 40 lashes for the jokesters?  Or alternatively, one of your lectures about why it is important to keep posts on topic and in the proper forum :hystery:  (that may larn 'em more than the 40 lashes)

• Love it 1
  • Haha 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

@Jollygoodfellow  May I recommend 40 lashes for the jokesters?  Or alternatively, one of your lectures about why it is important to keep posts on topic and in the proper forum :hystery:  (that may larn 'em more than the 40 lashes)

There are some folks who would pay good money for that sort of thing - I'm not saying I'm one though! 

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I'm just here to take this off topic a bit more.

• Haha 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, sanagimo said:

I have no fact behind this, but I can imagine that it would be pretty easy to get in trouble if you, as a foreigner, search in a public place and find something valuable.

• Thanks 1