Rent a ticket, throwaway

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Peaceful John said:

as with all other times, the agent only looked at the departure date and was way too busy to check anything online

They probably only check the people with dishonest faces so you are fine.  The bet is only for JGF :hystery:

• Haha 1

Shol
Posted
Posted

Hi there.

I have done this many times and NEVER had an issue with the tickets as long as I travelled within it's validity before it's removed/changed/cancelled.

Whether or not they check is 100% subjective.   I think out of maybe 15 times I remember them checking maybe twice.  Why?  Who knows for sure but both times it was when I arrived at the airport early and it was not busy.   It seems if they have nothing to do they might check it :)

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 7/21/2022 at 8:20 PM, Colsie said:

I have to sort an onward ticket out next month. So, do you have to arrange the rented ticket at the last minute before coming back to the Philippines? 

Which mob did you use for the ticket? they sound genuine if you were able to check the booking. 

I used , https://rentonwardticket.com/ . They do not reply to Email at all so no way to contact them.  You should buy the ticket probably around 6 or so hours before you need it. It will be valid for 72 hours. You can pay an extra one dollar to choose the date of when you get the ticket if you wanted to arrange in advance.

It was genuine as like I said I checked with the airline by the booking number and l was able to get into the booking like normal. 

Most other places offering this have tickets valid for only 48 hours.

This one is $11, https://onwardticketvisa.com/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Just an update to this topic. My question is will they check my cancelled ticket.

When in Malaysia comming home Scoot check in asked where I was going after the Philippines ? I could not remember so showed my new rent a ticket which I purchased a few hours before. She took my phone and I could see her typing something into her computer while reading my itinerary.  So I guess she was checking the booking and all was fine and allowed to proceed. No one checked after that. 

So the 500 peso to buy a new ticket certainly saved any headache.  Speaking of headaches I will post about Philippines immigration in another topic. 

• Thanks 1

Colsie
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Just an update to this topic. My question is will they check my cancelled ticket.

When in Malaysia comming home Scoot check in asked where I was going after the Philippines ? I could not remember so showed my new rent a ticket which I purchased a few hours before. She took my phone and I could see her typing something into her computer while reading my itinerary.  So I guess she was checking the booking and all was fine and allowed to proceed. No one checked after that. 

So the 500 peso to buy a new ticket certainly saved any headache.  Speaking of headaches I will post about Philippines immigration in another topic. 

I can concur with the use of the rentable ticket, having just returned to the Philippines today using one to satisfy the airline to allow me to fly. 

I booked it on the 11 Aug to come into effect on the 15th Aug knowing that it would be valid for 72hrs and cover my flights on the 16-17th August. 

Like clockwork, my itinerary was sent to me on the 15th Aug at the requested time. 

• Like 2

Patryk
Posted
Posted

I am also flying with rented tickets from toponward ticket. I even had a situation in Frankfurt at Lufhansa transfer counter when lady requested to show her onward travel ticket, she said it looks weird but checked reservation and I was good to go (and my gf). I think it is wise to avoid airlines  for which you need to show onward ticket ( in this case I requested avoid Lufthansa). 

KC813
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Patryk said:

I am also flying with rented tickets from toponward ticket. I even had a situation in Frankfurt at Lufhansa transfer counter when lady requested to show her onward travel ticket, she said it looks weird but checked reservation and I was good to go (and my gf). I think it is wise to avoid airlines  for which you need to show onward ticket ( in this case I requested avoid Lufthansa). 

Patryk, all airlines are required to check to see if visitors to the Philippines have an onward ticket, but sometimes agents forget, do not know, or just ignore this.

I would not avoid an airline just because they always check your ticket.  And thinking of safety, I would prefer to fly an airline with well-trained staff who can understand simple rules!  :biggrin:

• Like 1

Patryk
Posted
Posted

Ah sorry let me make it straight, I meant that when I rent an onward ticket I made it clear which airlines on this ticket they should avoid. For example, next time when I will fly Qatar I made a remark to avoid Qatar airlines on rented ticket, so they won't be able to check it in their own database.

Colsie
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Patryk said:

Ah sorry let me make it straight, I meant that when I rent an onward ticket I made it clear which airlines on this ticket they should avoid. For example, next time when I will fly Qatar I made a remark to avoid Qatar airlines on rented ticket, so they won't be able to check it in their own database.

My understanding is the renta ticket are genuine tickets that are held open for a period of between 48-72hrs and as such, you wouldn't have an issue if it was from the same airline you were using. 

Freebie
Posted
Posted

I think at some point airlines will get together and find a way to ban these ticket rentals. They will claim they are losing revenue by passengers renting tickets that dont include a flight. A loophole Im sure they will try to close at some stage in the future.