Traveling to the Philippines and not being vaccinated

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

We purchased our Philippine Airlines tickets yesterday for travel to Manila on November 10th.  Rules keep changing so I need to check from time to time for the latest.  One reason for selecting Philippine Airlines is hopefully their gate agents are reading the latest changes by the national authorities.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, "P2" said:

I'm still researching this issue of unvaccinated tourists not being allowed into the Philippines. I have been looking at the Philippine Bureau of Immigration Facebook page (Bureau of Immigration, Republic of the Philippines | Facebook) and they are quite a few comments from people that Cebu is accepting unvaccinated tourists. It is unclear though if they have to quarantine or not. Can any of you here confirm this information and or provide any additional information? Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

If you come to Cebu you will do quarantine. The issue you will have is that not all airlines will allow you to board. If you go to Manila and again if the airline allow you to board then you will be taken to a room for processing and given a choice of quarantine or exit the country. Issue is that its hard to find a quarantine hotel now. 

Mostly the subject of Cebu accepting unvaccinated tourist is about traveling throughout the country such as from one area to the other, not international arrivals. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

We purchased our Philippine Airlines tickets yesterday for travel to Manila on November 10th.  Rules keep changing so I need to check from time to time for the latest.  One reason for selecting Philippine Airlines is hopefully their gate agents are reading the latest changes by the national authorities.

But what's changed in the last 3 months, nothing? 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Rules are rules Facebook post may or may not be BS.

Not BS on the official Facebook page of immigration except for idiot comments from those complaining. You can look up the IATF rules anytime you like as the info is there on the internet from the body that controls the Philippines covid situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

But what's changed in the last 3 months, nothing? 

You are correct with regards to Covid-19 rules.  My observation is the US CDC makes adjustments and a few weeks or few months later, the Philippines issues something similar.  My wife and I may have higher protection after two vaccinations and three booster shots.  We will bring surgical masks manufactured in Japan that supposedly offers better protection.  Our stay is 4 and a half months.  

For Philippine travel, there has been a slight change in airline ticket prices.  Apparently, the Philippine Civil Aeronautics Board approves any petition for a fuel surcharge increase.  Since fuel prices are going down compared to earlier this year, the CAB informed the airlines how much they have to lower the fuel surcharge for domestic and international tickets. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

We will bring surgical masks manufactured in Japan that supposedly offers better protection.  Our stay is 4 and a half months.  

Up to you what you wear but as you probably know masks outdoors are no longer required.  And yes I said 3 months nothing has changed as for arrivals but its probably nothing has changed for 5 months as time flies fast. 

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Up to you what you wear but as you probably know masks outdoors are no longer required.  And yes I said 3 months nothing has changed as for arrivals but its probably nothing has changed for 5 months as time flies fast. 

Yes.  I had read earlier that Cebu province and Cebu city rules were different.  My understanding is their political clout is strong, and sufficient to defy the national government.  A bet made with a cousin is the masking requirements for indoor shopping malls will be lifted on or before the 15th of December.  My reasoning is outdoor shopping areas like Divisoria will be wall to wall people for Christmas.  Same with the malls.  What then is the purpose for requiring a mask at malls?  The bet is a Spanish paella dinner.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I forgot to add.  Outdoor masking was lifted by the CDC in the United States.  Shortly after Cebu followed, then the national government. 

US rules are varied.  My wife had cataract surgery.    I was not allowed to enter the building because of their Covid 19 restrictions.  The staff telephoned when she was ready for pick-up.  An attendant and my wife met me at the entrance.   Most indoor places recommend masking, but few follow the recommendation.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Not BS on the official Facebook page of immigration except for idiot comments from those complaining. You can look up the IATF rules anytime you like as the info is there on the internet from the body that controls the Philippines covid situation.

Thanks Jolly.  I agree and my post was related to comments but should have been more clear.  

• Like 1