Posted
Posted

What a lovely vista.

• Like 5

Jake
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, sanagimo said:

Heading back to the Brgy to see what everyday life is like for a few days then its off to Pampanga to finish off this exploratory trip

Venturing out in the boondocks will be an eye opener.  Be prepare to be involve in a drinking session and eating mystery meat among all her uncles, cousins and probably her father.  Often times, you will be judged in how you accept anything out of your comfort zone.  

Best of luck to you, Sanagimo.  

• Like 5

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, BrettGC said:

We just moved to the "boonies"......Been here 3 weeks and loving it.  I'll do a detailed post in a week or so. 

Oh, oh.....there goes da neighborhood.  I can easily see RAN Chief Warrant Office Brett, corrupting the whole barrio in no time flat.  Many villagers would be going around telling the dirty jokes common with us sailors.  But you will be observed initially, especially during the drinking sessions.  Soon after a few sessions, you may notice a pecking order within the mini groups of drinkers.  Often times.....self invited.  That thin line between being nice and then eventually refusing their visits.  Sometimes, you gotta pick your enemies.  An enemy of an enemy.....

But you can establish yourself as a peaceful pensionare who walks around softly but carries a big stick.  And also with special gifts, like a bottle of Crown Royal to the barangay Capitan.  Jungle rules apply here.  And you're the new Sheriff in Town.

I often wonder how a Filipino can speak with an Australian accent, actually the whole village.  Yeah, you gonna corrupt them good.  

Edited by Jake
  • Haha 3

Freebie
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I enjoy visiting the relatives in the 'boonies' but a week or two staying there with 1-3 MBps mobile internet (when it's working which it often isn't),

Or you can enjoy trying to get the OTP when theres only one bar on the signal. Walk 300 metres along the road to get the OTP then run like heck to input it before the screen or OTP " times out".

So how can I get  a better signal... " Sir you see all those folk gathered under that mango tree... Yes.. they are getting the best available signal."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

A few days away from anything exciting and trying to hold an indepth conversation on anything that's going on in the modern World will give you an idea what's down the road when the honeymoon period is over. 

Does who is in the running for Miss Universe count as world news? :tongue:

• Haha 3