Living cost where you live

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, P_X said:

We spent less than $900 usd all in last month. We live in cebu near lapu lapu 

Unusually low budget but good for you P_X.

P_X
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Old55 said:

Unusually low budget but good for you P_X.

We live like locals. We're not even skimping. We have a great time on that budget. 

We walk a lot and ride jeeps. Eating in the karinderias and "treat ourselves" to BBQ occasionally.  It's a blast. Btw are u a mod? Can u tell me why my username was changed? 

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, P_X said:

We live like locals. We're not even skimping. We have a great time on that budget. 

We walk a lot and ride jeeps. Eating in the karinderias and "treat ourselves" to BBQ occasionally.  It's a blast. Btw are u a mod? Can u tell me why my username was changed? 

I can tell you. :smile:

Forum rules you agreed to

Display Names

Members display names can not be website titles, Facebook or Youtube channels or names used to advertise anything at all whether it be advertising your own business or a business that is owned by someone else. No offensive display names are allowed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, P_X said:

We spent less than $900 usd all in last month. We live in cebu near lapu lapu 

And can you tell us what the 900$ went on , like rent and utilities 

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

My weekly budget here is 10,000 peso, (the rest of my income goes into an account in Australia).

That doesn't include rent because we own the house here nor does it include car or motorbike payments (owned outright).

Internet is 1499 peso, water is about 500 peso, gas is about 1500 peso and electric is about 4000 peso (all per month).

Food is about 3000 peso per week (includes some eating out but not expensive places).

Some of the rest goes to change oil on the cars and the motorbikes, some goes to savings here and some goes to visits to the beach or to the family (and beer/snacks etc).

Seems to work ok for us, noting that most fresh food tends to be cheaper here than in Manila or Cebu.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 5

P_X
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I can tell you. :smile:

Forum rules you agreed to

Display Names

Members display names can not be website titles, Facebook or Youtube channels or names used to advertise anything at all whether it be advertising your own business or a business that is owned by someone else. No offensive display names are allowed.

Ah sorry about that. I didn't realize.  Apologies 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, P_X said:

Ah sorry about that. I didn't realize.  Apologies 

No need.

If you become a member of good standing, I might allow your username. Over many years I have found many Youtubers trying to expand their watch/view rate etc with posts like, I had a similar experience so watch here bla bla.

So we put a stop to things before they happen.

Nothing personal :tiphat:

• Like 2

P_X
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

No need.

If you become a member of good standing, I might allow your username. Over many years I have found many Youtubers trying to expand their watch/view rate etc with posts like, I had a similar experience so watch here bla bla.

So we put a stop to things before they happen.

Nothing personal :tiphat:

Makes sense.  I'll definitely be a regular here since my go to forum has been down for months. I was hoping to use that place as a resource for cebu related things,  but it doesn't seem to be reliable.

I tend to post more when I'm in the philippines cuz I have more time on my hands and like to engage, and I use forums as a go to for tips and info and things to do etc. 

Forums are better than googling something by a long shot.

Btw I wasn't gunna post my channel here unless it was acceptable.  I saw on another forum it wasn't allowed so I had planned on asking first. But like I said to another mod...he beat me to it by telling me it was a no no hehe.

Anyway..my name's Ben, and I look forward to hanging out here and exchanging thoughts with everyone.  

• Like 5

hk blues
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, GeoffH said:

My weekly budget here is 10,000 peso, (the rest of my income goes into an account in Australia).

That doesn't include rent because we own the house here nor does it include car or motorbike payments (owned outright).

Internet is 1499 peso, water is about 500 peso, gas is about 1500 peso and electric is about 4000 peso (all per month).

Food is about 3000 peso per week (includes some eating out but not expensive places).

Some of the rest goes to change oil on the cars and the motorbikes, some goes to savings here and some goes to visits to the beach or to the family (and beer/snacks etc).

Seems to work ok for us, noting that most fresh food tends to be cheaper here than in Manila or Cebu.

Pretty much in line with us - 10K a week for day-to-day expenses.  Like you, we own so no rent.  Clothes, travel, school fees, gifts etc etc etc are over and above the 10k.  

• Like 2

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

I've not noticed prices going up that much except for restaurants on grab/foodpanda. Used to be able to get something nice for around 200-250 pesos, now it's more like 400 pesos.

Our rent has stayed the same for 5 years
Electric up maybe 20-30%.
Diesel/gas is still up a bit but it's come back down a lot.
Fresh food seems to be as cheap as ever, just bought chicken for 170 pesos per kilo and tilapia for 120 pesos per kilo, I don't remember it being much cheaper than that in the last 5 years. Processed food has gone up a bit.

• Like 3