Cebu question

Sailor Jerry
Posted
Posted

It’s been a little while since the last post here on this thread & I have searched thru the site for latest info on Cebu as GF & I are thinking of going next month outa Clark for a week.

In the past we have landed at Mactan & set off to various destinations but this time and for the first time we just gonna stay in Cebu. At this stage, even if I’m not into Malls this area or near Ayala or I.T Park seems like best options for us, really appreciate any input from locals? Cheers!

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Stay in the IT Park. That way you can buy me beers :tiphat:. Both good options.

• Haha 4

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Sailor Jerry said:

I’m not into Malls

Then you're not into Cebu :shades:

Kidding aside, these should keep you busy for awhile

https://sugbo.ph/2022/must-visit-attractions-summer/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sailor Jerry
Posted
Posted

Thanks for that @Kingpin have done a couple of those, the ones outside Cebu but yes certainly a bit for us to check out on that link.

What about restaurants? always good to hear ppl’s opinions of favourite food places?

good to hear locals opinions as I think they know best. Much appreciated. Cheers

• Like 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Sailor Jerry said:

What about restaurants? always good to hear ppl’s opinions of favourite food places?

Nothing worth dealing with the traffic, you can get everything delivered though through Grab / foodpanda.

But if you're already in the area, IT park has an outdoor food mercado...that will always be packed without any seating.

If you're already in a mall, some of the newer buffets are ok; Viking in SM, Tong Yang in SM Seaside.

Best are hotel buffets and restaurants check, Radisson and Waterfront.

Edited by Kingpin
  • Love it 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Sailor Jerry said:

If you like or eat roasted pork then the House of Lechon is a must try. It’s on Acacia St - a short walk from Ayala Mall (it’ll show up on google maps). 

Sailor Jerry
Posted
Posted
On 8/24/2022 at 4:56 PM, Kingpin said:

Nothing worth dealing with the traffic, you can get everything delivered though through Grab / foodpanda.

But if you're already in the area, IT park has an outdoor food mercado...that will always be packed without any seating.

If you're already in a mall, some of the newer buffets are ok; Viking in SM, Tong Yang in SM Seaside.

Best are hotel buffets and restaurants check, Radisson and Waterfront.

Bummer traffic that bad. But thx for those options will check some out!

23 hours ago, Gator said:

If you like or eat roasted pork then the House of Lechon is a must try. It’s on Acacia St - a short walk from Ayala Mall (it’ll show up on google maps). 

Yes, like it but my girl turns into something else when Lechon on the table, will try. Thank you

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
On 8/23/2022 at 12:20 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Stay in the IT Park. That way you can buy me beers :tiphat:. Both good options.

Any good hotels at the IT Park preferably next to a mall where we can walk in air condition comfort?  Sure, I am willing to buy you a few beers, but I no longer drink myself.  As a cancer survivor and participant in a research study, it's total abstinence.  

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Any good hotels at the IT Park preferably next to a mall where we can walk in air condition comfort?

It is only a 20 minute walk from Ayala Mall in Cebu to IT Park (but it can take up to twice that time if you get a taxi) and there are lots of good hotels near Ayala Mall.

Kingpin
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Any good hotels at the IT Park preferably next to a mall

Just one but it's a good one:  https://centralbloccebu.sedahotels.com/  and connected to the new Ayala mall.

Edited by Kingpin
  • Like 1