Jump to content

Amazon USA Shipping


OnMyWay

Recommended Posts

I had Amazon ship to me in the Philippines a few years ago and it worked fine.  UPS delivered it.

After my recent shipping with Shipping Cart, I realized I still need some things that are overpriced here.  For my keto eating I need to take electrolytes.  I bought 1 jar and had it shipped on Shipping Cart.  I'm almost out and need more.  I can get it on Lazada or Shopee, but the prices are outrageous!  A jar can be can be p2000-5000 + very small shipping!  On Amazon15-30 + int'l shipping.

For example, apples to apples (this is not the one I will buy on Amazon but it is one they have on Lazada and Amazon):

Screenshot (758).png

p2277 = $40.07.

On Amazon, the same product is $15.99 + $11.80 shipping = $27.79.  Promised delivery is in about 2 weeks but last time it was quicker.

It gets better if you order more.  If I order two, the shipping only goes up to $13.82, so the shipping on the second one is only about $2.  Likewise, if I order 3, shipping is only $15.83

So, Amazon shipping ain't bad at all for stuff that is expensive in the Philippines.  If you want the expedited shipping, shipping is ~double, but still the cost is less than Lazada.

Normal shipping:

Screenshot (760).png

Expedited Delivery On Wednesday:

Screenshot (762).png

So for ~$80 and fast delivery you can get 3 jars that cost about $120 on Lazada.

This is the one I am actually buying:

Screenshot (765).png

4 jars of a similar product on Lazada would be ~3500 each X 4 = 14000 = $246!

Just remember that Amazon is strict on the duties and taxes.  If product value + shipping >p10,000, they will add estimated duties and taxes.  P10,000 is about $175 right now.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I had Amazon ship to me in the Philippines a few years ago and it worked fine.  UPS delivered it.

After my recent shipping with Shipping Cart, I realized I still need some things that are overpriced here.  For my keto eating I need to take electrolytes.  I bought 1 jar and had it shipped on Shipping Cart.  I'm almost out and need more.  I can get it on Lazada or Shopee, but the prices are outrageous!  A jar can be can be p2000-5000 + very small shipping!  On Amazon15-30 + int'l shipping.

For example, apples to apples (this is not the one I will buy on Amazon but it is one they have on Lazada and Amazon):

Screenshot (758).png

p2277 = $40.07.

On Amazon, the same product is $15.99 + $11.80 shipping = $27.79.  Promised delivery is in about 2 weeks but last time it was quicker.

It gets better if you order more.  If I order two, the shipping only goes up to $13.82, so the shipping on the second one is only about $2.  Likewise, if I order 3, shipping is only $15.83

So, Amazon shipping ain't bad at all for stuff that is expensive in the Philippines.  If you want the expedited shipping, shipping is ~double, but still the cost is less than Lazada.

Normal shipping:

Screenshot (760).png

Expedited Delivery On Wednesday:

Screenshot (762).png

So for ~$80 and fast delivery you can get 3 jars that cost about $120 on Lazada.

This is the one I am actually buying:

Screenshot (765).png

4 jars of a similar product on Lazada would be ~3500 each X 4 = 14000 = $246!

Just remember that Amazon is strict on the duties and taxes.  If product value + shipping >p10,000, they will add estimated duties and taxes.  P10,000 is about $175 right now.

shiping to philippines only cost you 11 dollars on amazon.? I havent bought a thing since ive been here from them cause the cheapest delivery Ive seen was 26 for a 12 item. I even tried to use prime stil deidnt help. good to know though must just be the items ive been trying to buy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support

I bought most of my artist supplies, acrylic paint, brushes, paper, canvas, etc., from Amazon for the same reasons that @OnMyWayposted.    I also purchased my current laptop computer from Amazon because it was much cheaper than the Philippines.  There was a delay with the computer because I have to fill out and email a form to customs stating that the computer was for personal use, I had not bought another from the US in past year, and that I was not going to resell it here in the Philippines.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Screenshot (758).png

p2277 = $40.07.

On Amazon, the same product is $15.99 + $11.80 shipping = $27.79.  Promised delivery is in about 2 weeks but last time it was quicker.

It gets better if you order more.  If I order two, the shipping only goes up to $13.82, so the shipping on the second one is only about $2.  Likewise, if I order 3, shipping is only $15.83

 

So your total for 3 is $63.80

The same product on iherb is $36.19, with free shipping on orders over $40. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I bought most of my artist supplies, acrylic paint, brushes, paper, canvas, etc., from Amazon for the same reasons that @OnMyWayposted.    I also purchased my current laptop computer from Amazon because it was much cheaper than the Philippines.  There was a delay with the computer because I have to fill out and email a form to customs stating that the computer was for personal use, I had not bought another from the US in past year, and that I was not going to resell it here in the Philippines.

So we're there duties and taxes for the computer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

So we're there duties and taxes for the computer?

Yes, but it was still quite a bit cheaper than the Philippine price.  I am guessing that the duties are lower for single unit purchased for personal use?  This was several years ago so things may have changed.

Edited by Mike J
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Yes, but it was still quite a bit cheaper than the Philippine price.  I am guessing that the duties are lower for single unit purchased for personal use?  This was several years ago so things may have changed.

I'm curious because I might be in the market for a new laptop soon.  Any chance you can find out what the duties and taxes were?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Scooter said:

shiping to philippines only cost you 11 dollars on amazon.? I havent bought a thing since ive been here from them cause the cheapest delivery Ive seen was 26 for a 12 item. I even tried to use prime stil deidnt help. good to know though must just be the items ive been trying to buy.

1 jar was the base shipping price, $11.80.  Additional jars added ~$2 each for the shipping.

Amazon shipping contracts have a lot of competition now, so that has driven shipping costs down.  DHL, UPS, Fedex are all competing for these huge Amazon International contracts.  And for domestic, Amazon has their own delivery system in addition to USPS, UPS and others.

I used to work for DHL, and I am also amazed that the shipping has come down so much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kingpin said:

So your total for 3 is $63.80

The same product on iherb is $36.19, with free shipping on orders over $40. 

I don't see that exact product on IHerb.  Do you have a link?  I would be happy to try them.  I do see some other interesting brands / prices.

I have looked at vits on Iherb before, but never ordered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
14 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm curious because I might be in the market for a new laptop soon.  Any chance you can find out what the duties and taxes were?

 

14 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm curious because I might be in the market for a new laptop soon.  Any chance you can find out what the duties and taxes were?

This was about 5 or 6 years ago and I can't remember the actual numbers.  I do recall thinking they seemed reasonable at the time.  Edit - I remember now that were no additional tax or duty fees other than what Amazon charged when I ordered it.  The requirement was just the affidavit stating it was personal use, single unit, only one per year.  So it was just the frustration of having it stuck in customs while that got sorted.   

Edited by Mike J
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...