Gym encouragement

conwat
Posted
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Kingpin said:

Run

'Third world' or not, there is more than enough food to go around.

Always check out your prospective Filipina's mother, because your girl will gradually morph into whatever she looks like.

That scares the s--- out of me.

Edited by Old55
  • Haha 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

The lady is your wife or GF? 

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, conwat said:

Hi

Just wondering if any expats on here may have any advice to offer on this? I've been with my girl long distance for a few years (couldn't see each other during the pandemic obviously) but I'm back with her on a month's holiday now and I notice she's gaining weight. I've suggested going to the gym and I'd pay but constantly get shrugged off with "maybe later hon". I like to keep in shape  and I'd like her to at least make the effort to burn off what she's putting on. Anyone ever had a similar experience?

The fact that you are not there living with her much of the time, probably precludes her need to become a gym regular. When you are on site and living with your Pinay, it is easier to either set by example or motivate them by various means.

My suggestion would be to ask her if she wanted to join a local Zumba dance exercise group. Its popular where I live on Panay. AN alternative is to buy her and exercise bike so she can pedal away the extra weight while watching local TV soap or game shows that many women here like to follow on a daily basis.

Long ago, when I first met my Pinay, she was living with small food and had an exemplary figure. She told me that her bakla PE teacher in HS would put her at the front of he parade band...ha-ha. Well, she still has an hour-glass figure.....when viewed from the back. From the side she appears several months pregnant, and I tease her accordingly. But that's going on thin ice, because her retort is usually, "So what you want? Another woman?"  After I reassure her that I do not , I stress that I am concerned about her health and having her slip into type II diabetes.

In past years we would sometime exercise walk in the late afternoon or early morning at the city stadium track, but sometimes she would sit and wait while I (20 years older) did the walking. Sometimes she also walked, but not always since she has a metal insert in her once broken foot. I need to buy her an exercise bike when I return this winter. While there for 30 continuous months during the covid lock down I couldn't get to my gym for a once weekly weight lifting session so I had a pair of 2 and 6 kg dumbells I used. SHe sometimes would work out at the gym with me but mostly would drop me off and do her grocery shopping, so I knew she didn't have 'the exercise habit'.

Now we just eat two meals a day while at home and 'time-window' fast. But she still needs to shed the pounds.

Fortunately she is visiting with her sisters in Mindoro right now, and her retired Aussie nurse, older sister, seemed shocked that she had put on so much weight.... so she and her two sisters went to the local track and started exercise walking together. Maybe she will get more serious now.

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

The lady is your wife or GF? 

GF - and unlikely ever to be wife if he follows some of the advice given here!

I don't dare suggest my wife loses a few pounds for fear she'll hit me with the same suggestion. :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

I don't dare suggest my wife loses a few pounds for fear she'll hit me with the same suggestion. :whistling:

My exact situation HK! LOL

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I dropped a hint once.  The answer was: "DON'T you try to deny me my food!"

Given a choice would you choose to stand between a Filipina and her food or a grizzly bear and her cubs?  :tongue:

• Haha 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

Given a choice would you choose to stand between a Filipina and her food or a grizzly bear and her cubs?  :tongue:

Grizzly bear.  At least her cubs are cuddly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3