Visa agent.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Since covid I got her to hold my passport with her

A lot of expats in Angeles let agents hold their passports.  The agents keeps track of the dates and does the renewal when authorized.

• Hmm thinking 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

. She has many clients and is a genuine business and holds passports of many clients. Cebu Expats Services is the name which also do weddings, have motorbike rental and car rental. If you like I can give you contact details.

This well maybe the company of Paul Whiteway whom sadly passed away about 8 months ago. He was a great guy whom has done this and many other services for years, could be his partner continues it.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

This well maybe the company of Paul Whiteway whom sadly passed away about 8 months ago. He was a great guy whom has done this and many other services for years, could be his partner continues it.

Yes, when their marriage ended some years back she continued with the business name while Paul just worked privately. I would say the business has been in operation around 20 years. Paul used to be a member here and also him and Elsa attended our forum get togethers many years ago. So I have personally known them both for a long time as do some other members here.

Now days Elsa has another Australia partner and one child.

Only once did Elsa stuff up and did my visa late but she paid the overstay fine so all good. So for those who might say they may not trust other people with their passports I say there's not much risk if you choose the right business.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

So for those who might say they may not trust other people with their passports I say there's not much risk if you choose the right business.

First let me say that Elsa is a great lady and you are probably right to trust her, however . . .

I wondered what happened to all the passports Paul was holding when he passed.  I never asked as he didn't have mine.  I trusted Paul with my passport many, many times but never considered that question until now.  Hmmmm.  We can hope that his gf returned them to the right people.  I wouldn't bet money on that though.

Colsie
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 9/22/2022 at 11:14 PM, Onemore52 said:

Looking for a visa agent in Manila that can arrange a 6 month visa extension for me please folks.

Forgive me for asking, but why do you need to do the 6 month extention in Manila? 

I live out in the province of Eastern Samar and get my 6 month extentions done locally in Tacloban city.

I'm just curious to whether some provincial BI do the 6 month extention or not? 

Edited by Colsie

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

First let me say that Elsa is a great lady and you are probably right to trust her, however . . .

I wondered what happened to all the passports Paul was holding when he passed.  I never asked as he didn't have mine.  I trusted Paul with my passport many, many times but never considered that question until now.  Hmmmm.  We can hope that his gf returned them to the right people.  I wouldn't bet money on that though.

That is what I was wondering too.  Everything is great until something is not.  Burglary?  House burns down?  Typhoon or flood?  Key person dies, as in Paul's case.  As I mentioned, I know of two agents in Angeles that are highly trusted for many services, but I would rather keep my passport.

• Like 1

Colsie
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

That is what I was wondering too.  Everything is great until something is not.  Burglary?  House burns down?  Typhoon or flood?  Key person dies, as in Paul's case.  As I mentioned, I know of two agents in Angeles that are highly trusted for many services, but I would rather keep my passport.

I agree, no matter how trustworthy the person taking care of your passport is, there's plenty ways of becoming suddenly dead in this part of the world. Then what happens to you passport, does the trusted person have a trusted friend to take care of returning your passport? 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Never heard of any complaints but I use Elsa services since living here. I dont even know if Paul was still doing it up to his death? Anyway there is no reason why his partner could not return peoples passports or the owners arranging pick up. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Colsie said:

I agree, no matter how trustworthy the person taking care of your passport is, there's plenty ways of becoming suddenly dead in this part of the world. Then what happens to you passport, does the trusted person have a trusted friend to take care of returning your passport? 

So what's the difference if you keep yours at home and the house burns down?  There is a lot what ifs in this life time so why do people worry so much. What if I crossed the road and was run over by a truck. I guess its best to never cross the road which will reduce the chance.  Anyway in this case her brother is part of the business so Im sure the passport would be returned or the business would continue but if not just means you have to get a new one just like if you lost your license or something. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

So what's the difference if you keep yours at home and the house burns down?  There is a lot what ifs in this life time so why do people worry so much. What if I crossed the road and was run over by a truck. I guess its best to never cross the road which will reduce the chance.  Anyway in this case her brother is part of the business so Im sure the passport would be returned or the business would continue but if not just means you have to get a new one just like if you lost your license or something. 

Yes, and I think those are good questions to ask if you will entrust someone with your passport.  A good business will have contingency plans.