Changing sides. When a man loves a man!

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, hk blues said:

Hmm....only since 2011 were openly gay people allowed to serve in the US military and since 2000 in the UK military.  I'm not sure that's indicative of what you've said there. 

I joined up in 1981 and the first instructor I met was parade gay as we say, you could see the rainbows from 100m away. I then served in multiple units with openly gay indivduals both male and female with zero issues, if anything I got way more grief just by being Scottish in predominantly English units.

They always operated on a don't ask don't tell basis even though it was an open secret. I never knew one person being kicked out for being gay but there were gays kicked out for being a liability to recruits who then played the discrimination card.  A straight person would have had a good kicking, done time in jail and have been kicked out then put on the sex offenders register. 

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I joined up in 1981 and the first instructor I met was parade gay as we say, you could see the rainbows from 100m away. I then served in multiple units with openly gay indivduals both male and female with zero issues, if anything I got way more grief just by being Scottish in predominantly English units.

They always operated on a don't ask don't tell basis even though it was an open secret. I never knew one person being kicked out for being gay but there were gays kicked out for being a liability to recruits who then played the discrimination card.  A straight person would have had a good kicking, done time in jail and have been kicked out then put on the sex offenders register. 

Some gays got kicked out of my Regiment for being gay, that was in the 70's

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Local pageant.  One or two?  This is from the barangay captains FB.

Talk about the ugly ones. I've seen many that are actually beautiful and thats all they can come up with for a pageant. :huh-huh:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Number one if you had a rice field that needed to be plowed and your caraboa was not up to the task. :hystery:

• Haha 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 9/25/2022 at 10:11 PM, OnMyWay said:

We have quite a few old ones in Olongapo.  Scary!

How do these older ones act compared to  the younger?. Personally cannot remember ever seeing an older gay, perhaps they keep a lower profile or even congregate in Olongapo which is fine for me.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Talk about the ugly ones. I've seen many that are actually beautiful and thats all they can come up with for a pageant. :huh-huh:

There are others.  Some are beautiful from a distance.

Dance contest example.  There are hetero dancers too.

https://www.facebook.com/100007398342808/videos/a.3295950627328183/662447985006824

This is his album for the festival.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set?vanity=kagawadsoler.deguzman&set=a.3295950627328183

The reason I posted those was related to my previous post about how Philippines accepts ladyboys in the culture.  This is at the Feast of San Lorenzo festival in Bgy. Pagasa, where we go to the wet market.  I assume this festival is related to the Catholic religion? I don't think the Catholic religion approves this.  The Bgy. captain is filming and posting.  People are cheering.  I assume children are present.  In my world, some of those acts are not acceptable for children, like the fat one.

I just don't get it.  How did the ladyboy culture evolve here?  This is much different than regular gay and lesbian people.  It seems like most of the ladyboys are over sexualized.  Which is why I don't want them around my kids.  Some Filipino families even hire them as nannys.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I just don't get it.  How did the ladyboy culture evolve here?  This is much different than regular gay and lesbian people.  It seems like most of the ladyboys are over sexualized.  Which is why I don't want them around my kids.  Some Filipino families even hire them as nannys.

I heard it was something to do with the US Navy based here but don't quote me on it. :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 2

Viking
Posted
Posted

I remember when I started traveling to the Philippines as a young man. I had never seen a ladyboy before that, and it made me feel very uncomfortable when they were around.

When visiting my wife's family, they had a ladyboy hairdresser, coming home to them to fix everybody's hair, and I hide in the basement, hahaha. It turned out that he refused to leave before he had met the foreigner! I was told he was okay and after a very long time in the basement I had to give up because I needed to go to the bathroom. Without getting into the details, I can say that it was an embarrassing moment to me, but to great joy of my wife's family, hahaha.

I have now become used to them,  and I must say, once they understand that you are not interested in having sex with them, they are like people in general. Sometimes it is even more easy to have a good discussion with them, because they think like a man, for obvious reasons 😜

One thing I always thought of is, why is it so common in Philippines, Thailand and some parts of South America but not the rest of the world?? Philippines and many countries in South America was colonized by Spain, but I don't know if that's the reason, hahaha, but is probably someting with the genetics. However, this don't explain why it's common in Thailand?

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I heard it was something to do with the US Navy based here but don't quote me on it. :hystery:

Funny coincidence!  We went to Harbor Point mall for dinner tonight and there were hundreds of sailors there.  I have never seen so many.  I think there were a lot of Aussies too.

I go into Burger King, order for my daughter, to go, and we are waiting for the food..  There are a few older 30ish sailors eating.  Two very tall, thin and "beautiful" ladyboys come in and stand in the ordering line.  They were both wearing revealing tops that showed off their little hormone bumps.  I didn't know at the time, but my wife was also watching them from outside.  She said they scanned the crowd and seemed not to see anything promising, so they left.

Unfortunately, this reminded me of the Jennifer Laude case several years ago, where he/she murdered by a U.S. Army guy.  They are playing with fire if they approach young military men, especially if alcohol gets involved.

Earlier, when we entered the mall, we walked past the cosmetic ladyboys.  One of them saw me and when I was about 10 feet away, he struck a pose so as to draw attention to himself!  My wife was cracking up and so were the other badings!

• Like 1