My life experience so far in Philippines

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Language can sometimes be a hassle since many people here do not understand or speak English. Many are also shy because they are afraid to not speak English. This is not their fault at all. I try to work with them the best I can and not criticize or correct them.

Welcome to the Philippines, lol.

and welcome back,missed your posts :smile:

Edited by jimeve
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Ants... My God! Every day I go out and spray for ants, especially the small red ones that bite and itch and hurt. Remember that our home is more or less in the country and not in the city.

Nice to hear from you Tommy.  Buy some boric acid powder, I got mine from Lazada.   Mix it with sugar and add enough water to make a thin paste in a shallow dish.  Leave it were the ants congregate but away from where pets might find it.  The ants will take it back to the nest to feed the queen.  Takes a few days but you should notice a difference.  I use brown sugar and a one to one mixture, but you can experiment and see what works best for you.

Speaking of construction.  It took seven long months but are new longspan roof is complete following the Christmas typhoon.  We had used this contractor before and were happy with his work.  This work also turned out to our satifaction.  No problems other than the difficulty of finding materials. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Good to hear from you Tommy.

Two meter long python! Dang I would be screaming like a little girl.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

if it were not for Grab, I would not be enjoying my life here so much. I have ordered so many things from Grab - pizza and other foods - and Lazada

Agreed, I solved most of the negatives you mentioned, and some you didn't, by moving into a gated village and getting everything delivered to the front door.

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Great to hear from you Tommy and hear that you're doing well!  I moved about 3 hours from "civilisation" about 3 months ago and find your experiences similar to mine.  Life is interesting to say the least but still enjoyable.  

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Hi Tommy.  I think you would enjoy Subic and I will be selling my house soon!  Close to the Yacht Club, quiet, driving not an issue.  More expensive though, of course.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Yeah... I hear you, OMW... But L is centered here in Davao and works here still as a teacher. I enjoyed my brief visit to Olangapo a few years ago, but L will not want to move... Plus, we have our new house here. It is plain and simple, but surrounded by incredible plants all over, so we both love that.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Great to hear from you Tommy and hear that you're doing well!  I moved about 3 hours from "civilisation" about 3 months ago and find your experiences similar to mine.  Life is interesting to say the least but still enjoyable.  

Yeah... things change daily, but are mainly okay... I prefer this to living in USA so that sort of sums it up.

• Like 3

Joey G
Posted
Posted

How about some recipes!   You usually have some good ones...:smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1