Airline

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

There’s a certain airline in the Philippines that doesn’t like criticism. After 3 days of not being able to change my booking, I finally got onto them at 3 a.m. this morning, and of course I was not able to speak to a human, only to a computer, if that makes any sense!

So the short of it is that because I can’t do anything with my booking, and can’t travel on the nominated day, they get to pocket 4500 php for doing nothing.

Who said that it is more fun in the Philippines?

• Sad 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

I think there are several ( well 3 ) airlines that dont like any form of less than positive feedback nor are any remotely proactive about returning monies paid for services not provided.

Not to mention the basic "scam like policy " of Cebu pacific adding things to the total , which you then have to manually exclude ie insurance, seat selection . People less than familiar with the menu will often no doubt just pay unaware they didnt need to if they had unselected the items.  Or the wonderlful Air Asia P 450 surcharge for actually having the temerity of paying with a credit card.

Then again we dont have a great deal of choice so we put up with this. At least its better than 10 or 20 yeasr ago when there was very limited domestic travel and a flight to Cebu cost as much, if not more than a flight to Hong Kong.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Freebie said:

Then again we dont have a great deal of choice so we put up with this. At least its better than 10 or 20 yeasr ago when there was very limited domestic travel and a flight to Cebu cost as much, if not more than a flight to Hong Kong.

I'd forgotten about that.

RT, MNL to CEB in 1998 was over $150 if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Freebie said:

Not to mention the basic "scam like policy " of Cebu pacific adding things to the total , which you then have to manually exclude ie insurance, seat selection .

I think nearly all low cost carriers these days charge for addons and most know that you can remove or accept. Not a scam but just a way of adding extras. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

There’s a certain airline in the Philippines that doesn’t like criticism. After 3 days of not being able to change my booking, I finally got onto them at 3 a.m. this morning, and of course I was not able to speak to a human, only to a computer, if that makes any sense!

So the short of it is that because I can’t do anything with my booking, and can’t travel on the nominated day, they get to pocket 4500 php for doing nothing.

Who said that it is more fun in the Philippines?

Did you book online through their website? 

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Did you book online through their website? 

Yes, I was actually able to get onto their website but all that stopped over the weekend 

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Old55 said:

I'd forgotten about that.

RT, MNL to CEB in 1998 was over $150 if I remember correctly.

And?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Freebie said:

Or the wonderlful Air Asia P 450 surcharge for actually having the temerity of paying with a credit card.

I just booked SYD/BNE on REX and they charge 2% for using a mastercard.  Everything else was ok.  They include seat selection and a 23kg check-in bag in their lowest fare ticket.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I just booked SYD/BNE on REX and they charge 2% for using a mastercard.  Everything else was ok.  They include seat selection and a 23kg check-in bag in their lowest fare ticket.

I just booked OOL/MEL on Virgin Australia and they charge .94% for credit or debit card.  Until today, I have never been charged a CC surcharge when booking an air ticket.

RBM
Posted
Posted

Little off topic how ever wondering if any members have flown SCOOT, considering a trip to Malaysia, returning could be an issue as we have just had one J@J jab.