Bad smell of clothing!

hk blues
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, BrettGC said:

No they don't.  Dehumidifiers are purpose built for their job with specific components to do that job.  AC does dehumidify to a lesser extent, but as a side-effect of their operation.  Even "Dry Mode" on an AC is not as effecient as using a purpose built dehumidifier.  Additionally, depending on the size of the respective units, AC is 4-5 times more expensive to run.  

Some people just don't like humidity but are happy with the actual temperature where they live without the moisture in the air - dehumidifiers reduce the "real feel" temperature.  

Agreed.

It's a fine art to balance the cooling and drying capacity of an A/C unit and a tweak in the wrong direction can screw up the one or other function.  

I'm a great believer in the idea that an A/C is for cooling, a heater for heating and a dehumidifier for drying despite what the A/C manuals tell you.  

• Like 3

Kingpin
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, BrettGC said:

AC is 4-5 times more expensive to run. 

Because they're far more effective (cooling + drying), and far more convenient considering the removed water drops away outside, instead of needing to be carried away at least once a day.

8 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Some people just don't like humidity but are happy with the actual temperature where they live

You're forgetting the problem here is @Viking smelly clothes, which could benefit from a dry and cool environment to reduce bacteria, mold, mildew, whatever else is making his clothes stink so much he created a thread here. I'd say just hang the things outside in the sun but apparently it's a far more dire situation.

Edited by Kingpin
  • Like 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, BrettGC said:

I'm just amazed we've spent 3 pages on some stinky clothes.... 

So am I 😂

I am perfectly happy with the good advices I got here and the situation is already better.

Maraming salamat to you all!

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, BrettGC said:

I'm just amazed we've spent 3 pages on some stinky clothes.... 

I am just glad it is stinky clothes and not armpits.  :hystery:

• Haha 2

Viking
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I am just glad it is stinky clothes and not armpits.  :hystery:

We will handle that in a new topic 😂

• Haha 4