People cutting in line

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted

Yeah, wonder about same with my wife who had steam out her ears on my first trip to S&R up here in Caloocan City.  People blocking aisles, cutting in line, etc.   She was pretty forceful with her own "Excuse me" while moving a lady's cart, whom seemed to remain oblivious.  Then we decided try to food court (Tip:  DON'T get the wings!...greasy mess) and when our # was called for pick up on a quite busy Sunday, some guy who thought he was above everyone else and talking loudly on his phone, just walked to front of us waiting and asking about His food, why so long, etc, while still talking on the phone too.  I was not amused. I'm fairly relaxed and patient here, out of necessity, but that was a "richard" move.  I'm sure there'll be many more, but I just "dont' get it."

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

We had an embarrassing moment at Marks & Spencer buying a couple of shirts.  Upon seeing the line at the check-out and estimating a 45-minute wait, I told my wife to forget it.  We will come back another day earlier in the morning.  A security guard heard me and gestured to an unattended priority line for seniors and the disabled.  He then called a clerk to help us.  Two young foreigners saw this, and they came over to ask in a demanding tone why we were cutting the line.  My wife explained that the store just started a new line for seniors and the disabled.  If they were also seniors, please get in front of us.  Their voices went up a few more decibels and the security guard told them to return to the original line.  The Filipinos remained cool.  I think they were enjoying the loud argument by "foreigners."

We decided to wait until after January 3rd to do our shopping.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yeah... L and I had a similar situation at an S & R here in Davao. There were two lines for ordering and paying for pizzas and some other items. So we were waiting patiently in the one line that was working. The second line clearly was signed for elderly, pregnant women,, disabled and was unattended. So this young woman walked up to the vacant line and was helped immediately by the worker from our line....what???

So she placed her order as we and the rest of the queue waited our turn. When we finally got up to the front of our line after a few minutes, L let the server have it with both barrels. She was polite but adamant and asked why this other woman received preferential treatment while us (I, being obviously well past the 50 year old "elderly" class) waited. The woman who had gone up for her order looked very sheepish and embarrassed and the server was also somewhat embarrassed... We got our order finally, but L shot bullets with her eyes and I supported with a few eye mortar shells... Some of the, especially younger, people just don't get it.... I don't hang my age out there to take advantage, but I would certainly appreciate a bit of respect. L is adamant about this and much more demonstrative than I. Of course, she is Filipina and I am foreigner... but I would never, ever want to be on her bad side!!!

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 3

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

My wife explained that the store just started a new line for seniors and the disabled

LOL. When i let my hair and beard grow out its almost all gray. More times then not i get pushed into the seniors line, but im only 56....they all think im joking when i tell them. Got road hard and put away wet most of my life and it shows.

• Haha 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Nickleback99 said:

some guy who thought he was above everyone else and talking loudly on his phone, just walked to front of us waiting and asking about His food, why so long, etc, while still talking on the phone too.  I was not amused. I'm fairly relaxed and patient here, out of necessity, but that was a "richard" move.  I'm sure there'll be many more, but I just "dont' get it."

My wife and I encountered something similar, but it is a funny story.  A man raised his hand like a schoolboy plus the loud sound of, "Pisst!" calling for a waitress to take his order.  There were five in the group, and he was ordering for everyone.  After the first two items, his cellular phone rings and he engages in a long conversation about nothing.  The poor girl was left standing about 10 minutes waiting for him to finish the call and thereafter, complete his order.  It was so rude and disrespectful yet funny.  Perhaps some comedy show would use the scene in a skit.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

The second line clearly was signed for elderly, pregnant women,, disabled and was unattended.

Pregnant women shouldn't be included.  Too many in the Philippines.  We are still trying to figure if this is an aftermath of the pandemic lockdown or continuing church policy.

• Haha 3

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Nickleback99 said:

but that was a "richard" move.

Not on topic but when is the last time you hard of someone naming there kid Richard? That is my brothers name and of course i call him Dick..........

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I had my own personal incident many months ago at an SM....

I was standing with my loaded cart in a line that snaked around some obvious guiding barriers. As I finally got near the working cashier, a guy cut in front of me with a cart loaded with water bottles and a few other things. He was in front of me in the line, but suddenly, his buddy butted in with all these items in his overloaded cart. I told him that no, this is not acceptable behaviour and physically blocked him... I am not huge, but still have some mass and can be a bit aggressive. So I got my relatively small order taken care of and paid for and then headed out. As I went out, I confronted this Bozo face to face and loudly said that his behaviour was unacceptable... Maybe not the smartest thing I have ever done, but I was truly pissed! He just sort of shrank and refused to acknowledge me, but I am certain he war at least a bit embarrassed. In retrospect, I guess I am glad I was not shot from a motorcycle drive by...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

In retrospect, I guess I am glad I was not shot from a motorcycle drive by...

I does happen. A lady we knew was shot in her house over what she said to someone.

• Hmm thinking 1