People cutting in line

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, gbmmbg said:

I does happen. A lady we knew was shot in her house over what she said to someone.

I sometimes forget that... Life is cheap here sometimes... There are so many times that I bite my tongue that it must be shredded now...

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Nickleback99 said:

I was not amused. I'm fairly relaxed and patient here, out of necessity, but that was a "richard" move.

Would that be Richard Cranium? :whistling:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, gbmmbg said:

Not on topic but when is the last time you hard of someone naming there kid Richard? That is my brothers name and of course i call him Dick..........

Still not on topic, but I (sort of) found the answer to your question.

image.png

• Haha 1

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

Still not on topic, but I (sort of) found the answer to your question.

So, 1945 was "peak dick" ......lol what would we do without the internet?.........

Edited by gbmmbg
  • Haha 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, gbmmbg said:
11 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

In retrospect, I guess I am glad I was not shot from a motorcycle drive by...

I does happen. A lady we knew was shot in her house over what she said to someone.

In South Central Los Angeles, children sleep on the floor.  Better protection from stray bullets coming through windows.  At least in the Philippines bullets are expensive.  They will shoot off a couple of rounds.  In Los Angeles, it's automatic rifles and sub-machine guns.

• Sad 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, JJReyes said:

We had an embarrassing moment at Marks & Spencer buying a couple of shirts.  Upon seeing the line at the check-out and estimating a 45-minute wait, I told my wife to forget it.  We will come back another day earlier in the morning.  A security guard heard me and gestured to an unattended priority line for seniors and the disabled.  He then called a clerk to help us.  Two young foreigners saw this, and they came over to ask in a demanding tone why we were cutting the line.  My wife explained that the store just started a new line for seniors and the disabled.  If they were also seniors, please get in front of us.  Their voices went up a few more decibels and the security guard told them to return to the original line.  The Filipinos remained cool.  I think they were enjoying the loud argument by "foreigners."

We decided to wait until after January 3rd to do our shopping.

And therein lies the problem here.  If they were able to open a priority lane for you then why couldn't they have opened the lane for everyone to use and reduce the 45-minute wait for everyone, whilst allowing the seniors and PWD to "cut in" as and when needed?  I fully understand the "foreigners" frustration if not necessarily agreeing with how they expressed it.

• Like 4

Possum
Posted
Posted

SM has rewards cards, if  you spend enough money with them they issue you a "prestige" card. Supposedly get special checkout lines etc. But one must remember that customer service is not a priority at the management level. In the grocery they often put the trainees at the register. Last week wife bought some gifts she wanted wrapped and there was a prestige lane at gift wrap but no one doing any wrapping. She asked about this and was told it was the persons day off. She summoned a manager and asked politely why there are employees standing around all over the store but no one wrapping in the prestige line during the Christmas season? Why not train some of these people to fill in? The manager said that was a good idea she would check with headquarters and see if they could implement that :89:

• Sad 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Greglm said:

SM has rewards cards, if  you spend enough money with them they issue you a "prestige" card. Supposedly get special checkout lines etc. But one must remember that customer service is not a priority at the management level. In the grocery they often put the trainees at the register. Last week wife bought some gifts she wanted wrapped and there was a prestige lane at gift wrap but no one doing any wrapping. She asked about this and was told it was the persons day off. She summoned a manager and asked politely why there are employees standing around all over the store but no one wrapping in the prestige line during the Christmas season? Why not train some of these people to fill in? The manager said that was a good idea she would check with headquarters and see if they could implement that :89:

Been there, done it and bought the t-shirt.  

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 12/22/2022 at 7:43 PM, Tommy T. said:

Yeah... L and I had a similar situation at an S & R here in Davao. There were two lines for ordering and paying for pizzas and some other items. So we were waiting patiently in the one line that was working. The second line clearly was signed for elderly, pregnant women,, disabled and was unattended. So this young woman walked up to the vacant line and was helped immediately by the worker from our line....what???

Sounds to me that the attendant was actually working both lines and the disabled etc was open and would get prioritised if anyone fronted.  But most people would think its closed as no one manning it.

Did you do a pregnancy test on the young woman as you might be red faced if she had every right to go to that window. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Did you do a pregnancy test on the young woman as you might be red faced if she had every right to go to that window. 

No....:tongue:I let L do the talking and, judging from the response of the young woman, she might be f***d, but she did not claim to be pregnant:89:. She was just very sheepish:shades: and embarrassed as was the cashier/order taker.  I think that tells the story...

Quoted from @Greglm:

"But one must remember that customer service is not a priority at the management level. In the grocery they often put the trainees at the register. Last week wife bought some gifts she wanted wrapped and there was a prestige lane at gift wrap but no one doing any wrapping. She asked about this and was told it was the persons day off. She summoned a manager and asked politely why there are employees standing around all over the store but no one wrapping in the prestige line during the Christmas season? Why not train some of these people to fill in? The manager said that was a good idea she would check with headquarters and see if they could implement that."

Edit: Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to quote him after I already posted here...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 1