Hello Everyone ! I have some questions about Living there... How's the Beef and Beer there ???

Gino64
Posted
Posted

Seriously, I need to Know if it's easy or difficult to buy Beef there,  a least in or near Davao City or Garden City of Salma  ???  Also, what Beer to you all recommend ?    Are there many Foreigner Import Food Stores in the PI ?  if so, what Brand Name ?  Like in China it was Care 4 and Walmart, plus a bunch of Independent small shops.  And how about Bread ?   Can I get a Decent supply of Western Foods there ?  I've Got To Have ( HEINZ KETCHUP ) !!!     Any Helpful Responses Over there ?

***((( THANK YOU TO READ THIS AND OFFER ANY OF YOUR " BOOTS ON THE GROUND " Advise and Recommendations " !

Regards, 

Gino64

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum Gino. Pleased to have you join us here.

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Welcome Gino.  There's a lot of information to be gathered before taking the plunge and I'm sure the guys here will be able to help but it's Sunday morning here so it takes some of us some time to get into any sort of productive mode.. Retirement is tough.  

But I will say, visit a couple of times before you make your final decision.  

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Gino64 said:

Can I get a Decent supply of Western Foods there ? 

Short answer:  Yes.

Its not easy.  Sometimes I actually flew to Manila to do a grocery shop of the things I could not find in Dumaguete.  I doubt Davao will be any easier.  BUT you can get a "decent" supply of western food, depending on your definition and whether or not they have "no stock" that day.

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted

Hello and welcome to the forum. Take a bit time and search thru the forum; I’m sure you’ll find the answers to many of your questions ( both asked and not). 

Heinz Ketchup (I’m also a fan 👍🏼) = available most of the time at the larger grocery stores like SM, Metro and Rustans. I don’t eat a lot of beef to begin with and the few times I’ve tried the local beef I didn’t really care for it. It tends to be tough n stringy. For that reason most of the locals incorporate it into soups and stews. You can find imported beef from the USA, Australia, Korea, Japan etc, but be prepared to pay a premium price for it. 

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

They have an S&R in Davao.  They have lots of U.S. products and imported beef.  S&R is similar to Costco.  You can get an idea of some product in their Lazada online store.

https://www.lazada.com.ph/shop/sr/?path=promotion-36437-0.htm&tab=promotion

• Like 3

insite
Posted
Posted

Major Tom
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Gino64 said:

Can I get a Decent supply of Western Foods there ? 

Yeah, as others have already said, you’ll be paying a small fortune for them. S&R (owned by Costco) has a wide range of American foods, including beef, fresh milk, and just about any type of American food if money is no object. When you see the ‘Kirkland’ brand, you’ll feel like your back in the USA. The food court is identical to Costco, where you’ll find the all beef hotdogs, pizza, calzones, etc. Besides the foods, there’s beer from all over the world, including Belgium, Germany, Mexico, and last but not least, the USA.

• Like 3