Hello Everyone ! I have some questions about Living there... How's the Beef and Beer there ???

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

but some is Wagyu, Angus and other high-end cuts and seem to commonly come from Australia.

They do breed their own Wagyu stock in Mindanao. You can even get tallow on Shoppe. 

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Mike J said:

Not in Moalboal for sure.  Maybe closer to larger cities where it might make financial sense to build a facility to age hanging beef? 

I don't believe they age any beef here. Usually killed and sold on the same day. Most of the reason it's usually tough. Even the way they cut it up is something strange.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I don't believe they age any beef here. Usually killed and sold on the same day. Most of the reason it's usually tough. Even the way they cut it up is something strange.

And not just the beef.  Chicken cut into unrecognizable pieces, pork chops 1/4 inch thick, bits and pieces of bone, chunks of nothing but fat, etc.   On the other hand I absolutely love lechon, lumpia, pancit (my wifes is best), leche flan, fresh pan from the local bakery, etc.   

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Mike J said:

And not just the beef.  Chicken cut into unrecognizable pieces, pork chops 1/4 inch thick, bits and pieces of bone, chunks of nothing but fat, etc.   On the other hand I absolutely love lechon, lumpia, pancit (my wifes is best), leche flan, fresh pan from the local bakery, etc.   

I may have to challenge you on your comment about your wife's pancit is the best Mike... L's pancit AND her kinilaw are unsurpassed! I think maybe we need to have a friendly competition lubricated, of course, with copious amounts of San Mig?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1