ECC at Cebu Mactan Airport

Youngster
Posted
Posted
On 1/20/2023 at 7:34 AM, OzeMike said:

I'm flying out to Australia for a 2 month visit 15th March via Singapore from Cebu Mactan airport.

I am now on a 13A visa so will do the ECC at Cebu airport immigration. Has anyone on a 13A got their ECC at Cebu airport and if so was it straight forward?

Also whereabouts is the immigration desk there?

I have 13A and did all past ECC at the airport...5 times in the past 12 months with last exit through the Cebu-Mactan airport just 3 weeks ago.  I've also gone through Clark Airport and NAIA.  Procedures are same at the 3 airports.  Get your boarding pass, enter customs, and at the booth, present your passport, ACR and boarding pass to the officer.  He will look over, then send you to a desk where to do the ECC.  In the Cebu-Mactan airport, it's two desks to all the way right of booths.   Present the same documents to an officer on duty, processing shouldn't take more than 5 minutes, then return to the same booth to pay your 2,170 peso fees.  Make sure to keep the ECC certificate, as some officers will ask for it when you return.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

gabgab
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Mike J said:

Sort of related, but did not want to start a new thread.  We have visitors coming from the USA.  They will only be staying for two weeks.  When they depart what are the airport exit fees now?  I don't want them to be surprised and not have sufficient peso when they leave.

Foreigners do not pay an exit fee, only Filipinos do.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jimdones said:

What is an exit fee?

Terminal fees are airport charges and are paid by all passengers.  NAIA terminal fees are included in your ticket purchase.  P300 domestic and p750 international.  Not sure about Mactan but when flew in/out there domestic last year there was no place to pay it, so I guess it was in the ticket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

gabgab
Posted
Posted

Some countries charge you a fee, paid at the airport to a cashier, simply for the privilege of exiting the country. NZ used to do it for example. Thailand recently introduced an 'entry fee'.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimdones said:

Some countries charge you a fee, paid at the airport to a cashier, simply for the privilege of exiting the country.

Philippines does too, if you are a foreigner on a tourist visa who has been in country more than a year.  They used to enforce this frequently but I always "forget to pay" until asked and in the last half a dozen years or more they never asked.  Here is a link:

. . . Non-immigrant aliens, who have not stayed in the Philippines for more than a year, is exempted from the Travel Tax. . .  https://www.philippineconsulatela.org/useful-links/travel-tax-exemption-and-duty-free-privileges

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

What is an exit fee?

Terminal fees are airport charges and are paid by all passengers.  NAIA terminal fees are included in your ticket purchase.  P300 domestic and p750 international.  Not sure about Mactan but when flew in/out there domestic last year there was no place to pay it, so I guess it was in the ticket.

2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Philippines does too, if you are a foreigner on a tourist visa who has been in country more than a year.  They used to enforce this frequently but I always "forget to pay" until asked and in the last half a dozen years or more they never asked.  Here is a link:

I paid it every time I exited up until about 2019 I think.  Both Mactan and NAIA even for short stays.  It was about 1500PHP.  People that were unaware of it were often caught out as they'd ditched all their PHP.  

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, jimdones said:

My only experience of this was back in 2017 when we were living in Hong Kong and I exited from Iloilo with no charge whilst my wife had to pay something - I have no idea how much or what it was but I assume some kind of exit tax.