Negros Governor and 5 others assassinated

Kingpin
Posted
Posted

THE officer-in-charge (OIC) of the Tabuelan Police Station, Captain Allen June Germodo, has been tagged as the bagman of suspended Negros Oriental 3rd District Representative Arnolfo “Arnie” Teves Jr.  During the Senate investigation into the killing of Negros Oriental Governor Roel Degamo and eight others on March 14, 2023, Siaton, Negros Oriental Mayor Fritz Diaz said Germodo would also collect money from E-Sabong and Small Town Lottery (STL) and distribute this among fellow police officers.

"The story is I was a bagman for the STL but how could that be when I was already relieved since last year? I was no longer in Negros Oriental because I was already here in Cebu Province." https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1958920/cebu/local-news/siaton-negros-oriental-mayor-tags-tabuelan-police-oic-teves-bagman

So right before the murders happen, Teves leaves the country, and Germodo leaves his station. Nothing suspicious there...

Possum
Posted
Posted (edited)

What surprised me most was to find out Teves helicopter was used to go to Mindanao to buy weapons. Then he uses his own jet to leave the country for medical treatment just before the shooting. Apparently refining sugar and being a politician is very lucrative. His own helicopter  and jet ?

Edited by Greglm

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Greglm said:

His own helicopter  and jet ?

Excellent point.  By contrast, I know that Degamo used to fly on commercial airlines as that is where I met him.  Such a waste of a good man.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Sad 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well, update on my son-in-law to be's situation.  As previously stated the business where he worked in Dumaguete that is owned by Teves was shut down due to death threats against employees. Son-in-law to be received a call to return to work last week for one day only.  Why?  They were to destroy all hard copy and electronic records as they'd been notified of a raid being imminent, within 48 hours.... He declined taking part. 

Edited by BrettGC
Removed my son-in-law's name
  • Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Greglm said:

What surprised me most was to find out Teves helicopter was used to go to Mindanao to buy weapons. Then he uses his own jet to leave the country for medical treatment just before the shooting. Apparently refining sugar and being a politician is very lucrative. His own helicopter  and jet ?

The head of my son's school has a helicopter - he's a Catholic priest of some sort.  I don't think he's into refining sugar or even politics but who knows? 

No jet that I know of, though! 

• Haha 3

mountainside
Posted
Posted (edited)

The one area where the Philippine criminal justice system moves more quickly than in the West is flipping underlings against their bosses.  From an American perspective, Filipinos flip quickly, and they do it en masse.  That Teves failed to anticipate the flip-storm that's happening beneath him demonstrates an apparent hubris and belief in impunity that I think is starting to rub Filipinos of all classes the wrong way.

Maybe Las Vegas and Macau will establish an over-under betting line:  How long before Teves sets foot on Philippine soil?  One month?  Six Months? 

Edited by mountainside
  • Hmm thinking 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
On 4/19/2023 at 1:15 AM, Greglm said:

Teves helicopter was used to go to Mindanao to buy weapons. Then he uses his own jet to leave the country for medical treatment just before the shooting. Apparently refining sugar and being a politician is very lucrative.

The cartels you won't see on Netflix

Teves’ chopper used to move Degamo killers out of Negros Oriental

The killers of Negros Oriental Gov. Roel Degamo were allegedly flown out of the province via the helicopter purportedly owned by Negros Oriental Rep. Arnolfo Teves Jr. after the March 4 attack, Department of Justice (DOJ) Secretary Jesus Crispin Remulla revealed Monday. 

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
On 4/18/2023 at 8:04 PM, hk blues said:

The head of my son's school has a helicopter - he's a Catholic priest of some sort.  I don't think he's into refining sugar or even politics but who knows? 

A parish Catholic priest does not take a vow to live life in poverty.  He could have inherited a fortune from his parents or the helicopter.  Ownership is not an indication of corrupt practices.  

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

The cartels you won't see on Netflix

I'm looking forward to it though.  

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

I'm looking forward to it though.  

As the thought crosses my mind, yes it would be interesting to see a Netflix special on Philippine cartels involving high ranking government officials.  Worldwide coverage just might cause any good government officials to take action.

• Like 2