American who attacked Cebu delivery rider arrested by Immigration

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the link to the video.  He was obviously set up to be videotaped going nuts, but he still lost his cool and started swearing at and hitting someone when that is not acceptable behavior.  With his visa situation I have little doubt that he will end up in that deportation prison, if he is not there already.

But if I were his lawyer, I'd focus on the time when the camera was not focused on the man and he said something like  " . . . wanna hit me? . . ." which seems to suggest there was someone provoking him from outside the camera range.

• Like 3

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

He looks like a clown but in fairness it was a couple of tiny pushes until the delivery rider apparently hit him first at 33 seconds. Pretty sure it's illegal to video people when they clearly don't want to be also.

Possum
Posted
Posted

The guy may have been set up. Too many people around videoing to be spontaneous. BUT he was a moron for losing his temper and being baited into a confrontation. Looks like he was upset over a food delivery, also looks like he could skip a meal or two with no adverse effects. He should deport himself.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

If it was a setup, then why?  I suspect the reason for a setup, if it was a setup, is that the guy has done this more than once.   Video of an incident provides a lot more viable evidence than a verbal description that ends with;  "yes you did . . . . no I didn't where is the proof". 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Mike J said:

If it was a setup, then why?  I suspect the reason for a setup, if it was a setup, is that the guy has done this more than once. 

I also suspect that the guy has been gruff, loud and obnoxious before and I know that rubs Filipinos the wrong way.  So they set him up to look much worse than normal, knowing he would bite and they got him.  If every loud, aggressive, obnoxious foreigner that I ever met in the Philippines was set up and deported the tourist population would be severely depleted.  Of course some might leave for Cambodia before it got to hot for them, (may you rest in peace Woody).

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Greglm said:

The guy may have been set up. Too many people around videoing to be spontaneous. BUT he was a moron for losing his temper and being baited into a confrontation. Looks like he was upset over a food delivery, also looks like he could skip a meal or two with no adverse effects. He should deport himself.

I don't know if he was set up - it's not like the videoing started at the get go, they are already arguing when it starts so that probably got the phones going as folk anticipated a barney - they weren't disappointed!

The video is one-sided and a little unfair maybe but we all know the score here - a foreigner will always be the bad guy v a local. That said, he will know he blew it.

• Like 4

mountainside
Posted
Posted (edited)

What a marvelous representative of American culture.  Do we really have to take him back?  Can't he be deported somewhere else?  Don't see Filipinos acting like that here in the US.

Edited by mountainside
  • Like 2
  • Love it 1

mountainside
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, mountainside said:

Can't he be deported somewhere else?

My wife answered the question for me.  Just "deport" him to her parents' barangay in Zamboanga Sibugay.  And introduce him to the tanods on the first day.

Edited by mountainside