Things You Could Not Say

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

The main point of the video was pointing out where legitimate people, not conspiracy theorists, were censored, when their opinions should be able to be heard and evaluated by the public.  In the mask examples, first Senator Rand Paul, a doctor, was censored by Facebook for saying that masks, especially cloth masks, don't work very well.  In the second mask example, another medical journalist said that mask can have negative effects on kids, and he was censored.  The third mask topic was more about the studies you mentioned, and there could discussion about that.  Personally it seems logical that quality masks could help stop the spread of a germ, especially indoors.  However, wearing masks, and face shields, outdoors was fairly worthless, IMHO.  And, the big issue for most people was mask mandates.

The other "conspiracy theories" covered in the video have been, for the most part, proven to be true.  If you have been following the Twitter Files, you see how manipulated the people were by social media and the government.

I took the time to watch the video and can safely say over the last few years I've seen all points openly discussed on multiple platforms, even one's where they were allegedly censored but even the video itself plays with the truth a bit. The Dept of Energy never came out and said the Lab Leak was the likely source, their actual words was that they had " Low Confidence that it came from a lab." In my understanding of the Queens English that means it's a very small likelyhood. Meanwhile other Government Departments highlighted they had low confidence it came from nature, again meaning they don't know and  two others refused to take a position until further evidence came forward.

Governments especially politicians can also be blamed for a lot of the misinformation given out. The Florida Surgeon General was caught out spreading information that made vaccines look dangerous. He was caught out by a Freedom of information request that showed the Surgeon General had evidence that vaccines were effective and reduced deaths but on his press release he only highlighted Adverse Events recorded after vaccines were given, even though the data showed the events couldn't be linked to the vaccine.  Another Australian Politician went viral again highlighting something like a 1,200% increase in calls to emergency services for heart issues after the roll out of the vaccines.  Another Freedom of Information request has shown he requested the data on calls plus actual heart issues. The data provided to him showed the increase in calls however after medical evaluation heart issues were actually down on previous years. When he spoke in the house he omitted the part about heart issues being lower and laboured the increase in calls, in short the media had frightened people into thinking anything strange they were feeling could be a heart attack so they had panicked and requested an ambulance and the conspiracy theorists said it was the vaccine that caused the increase in calls.

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

The Dept of Energy never came out and said the Lab Leak was the likely source, their actual words was that they had " Low Confidence that it came from a lab."

You left out an actual word that adds context.  Dept of Energy concluded with low confidence that the origin was a lab.  Meaning, their conclusion, with low confidence, was that it more likely came from a lab, than from nature.  The FBI said the same with moderate confidence.

Of course that does not mean that it is certain it came from a lab, but it moves it from "conspiracy theory" to legitimate possibility.  We may never know for sure because China certainly will not offer any help or cooperation.

Possum
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Of course that does not mean that it is certain it came from a lab, but it moves it from "conspiracy theory" to legitimate possibility.  We may never know for sure because China certainly will not offer any help or cooperation.

I've never understood why the big concern. If it came from a lab can the lab be forced to take it back?

I have zero idea where this years flu variant came from either.  The Spanish flu originated in the USA according to some people but no one really knows however that didn't stop it from killing 21 million people.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Greglm said:

I've never understood why the big concern. If it came from a lab can the lab be forced to take it back?

I have zero idea where this years flu variant came from either.  The Spanish flu originated in the USA according to some people but no one really knows however that didn't stop it from killing 21 million people.

Politics.  The desire to point the finger would be much less if, for example, the UK was a suspected source.  

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

You left out an actual word that adds context.  Dept of Energy concluded with low confidence that the origin was a lab.  Meaning, their conclusion, with low confidence, was that it more likely came from a lab, than from nature.  The FBI said the same with moderate confidence.

I suppose it all boils down on what media you read and what words are included an what are missed out. The latest I have been reading up on shows a possible link to a section of the Wuhan market.

The analysis, published in Nature on 5 April, confirms that swabs from the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market — which closed in January 2020 and has long been linked to the start of the pandemic — contained genetic material from wild animals and tested positive for SARS-CoV-2. This suggests that it’s possible an animal could have been an intermediate host of a virus that spilled over to infect humans. But researchers say the latest findings still fall short of providing definitive proof that SARS-CoV-2 originated from an animal-to-human spillover event. 

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-00998-y?fbclid=IwAR1yr2YZuRQPkOfaZHUdx1XZGMCIpPDlpRHmGENTZd7RM2j3WpqggHh2L_o

Again no one is coming out and saying anything definite but a recent scan of GISAID also uncovered the genetic sequence of the Sars Cov2 linked to the Wuhan market.