Unfair inflation on Filipinos

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I find myself wondering if Great Britain's inflation rate (higher than USA, Australia, Canada for example) is partly a result of the pressures caused by Brexit (on top of the issues the others economies are facing.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I find myself wondering if Great Britain's inflation rate (higher than USA, Australia, Canada for example) is partly a result of the pressures caused by Brexit (on top of the issues the others economies are facing.

Geoff, with the greatest respect, What has the UK or Brexit got to do with anything in this Thread( Topic) please take your political remarks somewhere else:tiphat:

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Geoff, with the greatest respect, What has the UK or Brexit got to do with anything in this Thread( Topic) please take your political remarks somewhere else:tiphat:

The thread is about "inflation" (yes in the Philippines) but inflation never the less.

People quoting examples of inflation causes from various countries around the world gives context to the causes which may (or may not) apply to the causes of inflation here.

I was merely alluding to the fact that using Great Britain's inflation rate would not be relevant.

As to 'political', nope... it was an 'economic' remark ( I don't have a horse in that particular race). 

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

The thread is about "inflation" (yes in the Philippines)

Exactly so Let's keep it at that as THIS is we have chosen to live.

Edited by Jack Peterson
spelling

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Exactly so Let's keep it at that as THIS is we have chosen to live.

So no posts 'adjacent to and relevant' only 'those strictly exactly as per the original topic'... got it :shades:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

So no posts 'adjacent to and relevant' only 'those strictly exactly as per the original topic'... got it :shades:

Well my friend the Title is 

Unfair inflation on Filipinoswhat can I sayWho knows (dave (1).jpg

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

I’ve started to refer to pesos instead of dollars and most commodities that are a Filipino diet (fish, rice, shrimp paste and normal everyday small things, ) they seem to be about the same price. As for us long noses, yeah we’re being slugged, then again we can afford it, just ask any Filipino.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Clermont said:

they seem to be about the same price.

:89: Said with tongue in cheek :shock_40_anim_gif: Which Philippines are you living in? :unsure:

in reality It is dismal for the people******** from a news comment on Line**

How much is the rise of food prices in the Philippines?

Food prices have fueled Philippine inflation, which accelerated to a 14-year high of 8.1% in December. 2022 That brought the full-year average to 5.8%, well above the government's 2% to 4% target. Marcos has faced calls to step down as agriculture chief and appoint a permanent secretary, a move he has resisted ******:tiphat:

Edited by Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: 

My My have a slight fat finger problem here

Edited by Jack Peterson
spelling