Karaoke Curfew

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

We had lunch yesterday with a couple of first cousins and the conversation centered around Philippine retirement.  They were both reluctant to relocate to the Philippines partially because of excessive noise at night from karaoke parties.  Am I wrong?  I thought LGUs were required to pass karaoke curfews limiting loud music to 9:30 pm.  

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Am I wrong?  I thought LGUs were required to pass karaoke curfews limiting loud music to 9:30 pm.  

Right - and Wrong.  The Barangays can issue exceptions for special occasions for a fee.  There are a LOT of special occasions and a lot of fees paid.

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, JJReyes said:

They were both reluctant to relocate to the Philippines partially because of excessive noise at night from karaoke parties.

That's what gated subdivisions are for.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kingpin said:

That's what gated subdivisions are for.

Is it that gated subdivisions do not allow karaoke or is it the private security guards will respond to complaints.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Foam ear plugs. :56da64a10ceee_1(235):

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Some subdivisions require reduced noise after 9 or 10 PM. The one our folks live in is actually quiet after 9PM.

Except for barking dogs. 24/7 barking dogs. 

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Around here everything is quiet by 10pm anyway.  I think they're all early risers.  

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

I don't mind the karaoke too much if they sing in tune but some of the singers in my neighborhood sound like a deranged cat being mutilated.

Then the disco music starts at 5:30 am which I hate, why do they have the base turned on full, all I hear is thud thud thud. :bomb_80_anim_gif:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Possum
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, JJReyes said:

I thought LGUs were required to pass karaoke curfews limiting loud music to 9:30 pm.  

True, but enforced like traffic and parking laws, dog leash laws etc., etc. There is even a law that says the government is not supposed to spend money on nonexistent employees. Lots of laws but no will to enforce them.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jimeve said:

all I hear is thud thud thud.

Are you sure it's not your heart pacemaker?  :laugh:

• Haha 3