Karaoke Curfew

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

historically they say Gospel singing came about from Scottish immigrants, mainly indentured servants living amongst African slaves in the New World,

:89: according to other sources ( Google etc)*********Communal singing (or public singing,) is a tradition that began in the Halutz movements in the Diaspora, while anticipating their immigration and settling in Palestine. :tiphat:

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: according to other sources ( Google etc)*********Communal singing (or public singing,) is a tradition that began in the Halutz movements in the Diaspora, while anticipating their immigration and settling in Palestine. :tiphat:

Pretty certain the indentured servants entered the New World at the start of the 17th century a few centuries before Palestine was a place. :tiphat:

Back to the Philippines. I was jogging the beach this morning and the Love Boracay festival is in full swing, they had a couple of groups doing zumba about 500m apart, the speakers were screeching out the music and it was so loud the sounds were distorted, luckily it was 6am so everyone was awake. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Pretty certain the indentured servants entered the New World at the start of the 17th century a few centuries before Palestine was a place. :tiphat:

I think my Friend you have that the wrong way round, Palestine has always been a Place Over 2000 years. It is Israel that is new .... Hmm about 70+ years :popcorn: 

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

For informationfor those that are or were unsure so we don't get any crossed swords Wiki and Google say************

How old is Palestine?

First documented in the late Bronze Age, about 3200 years ago, the name Palestine (Greek: ; Arabic: Filastin), is the conventional name used between 450 BC and 1948 AD to describe a geographic region between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River and various adjoining lands.******

• Like 2

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

Back to the Philippines. I was jogging the beach this morning and the Love Boracay festival is in full swing, they had a couple of groups doing zumba about 500m apart, the speakers were screeching out the music and it was so loud the sounds were distorted, luckily it was 6am so everyone was awake. 

Another reason why I live in the city, they blast zoomba here too, but only in mall parking lots, under bridges, always far from any desirable place to live.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

For informationfor those that are or were unsure so we don't get any crossed swords Wiki and Google say************

How old is Palestine?

First documented in the late Bronze Age, about 3200 years ago, the name Palestine (Greek: ; Arabic: Filastin), is the conventional name used between 450 BC and 1948 AD to describe a geographic region between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River and various adjoining lands.******

And it's been a mess the entire time...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, BrettGC said:

And it's been a mess the entire time...

It will always be unless they are left alone to live their own life :tiphat:

• Like 2

baronapart
Posted
Posted
On 4/28/2023 at 4:53 PM, BrettGC said:

Around here everything is quiet by 10pm anyway.  I think they're all early risers.  

Same for my wife's barangay in Mindanao. People sleep when the sun goes down and get up before the sun rises.