G Cash Scams

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

This is a big worry for me because I used BPI online a lot, so I checked.  My login site appears to be secure.

I researched the URL: Phishing and apparently false positives are common if using Avast free version.  If you are using a free one, uninstall, then download a new one to see what happens.

You are right on the mobiles.  I need to check that.  In fact, I need to look into protection for my whole family, computers and phones.  Any ideas on the best for a family plan?  I will pay for it.

Screenshot (993).png

I just checked my BPI online banking and I'm getting the same as you so it seems it's secure.  I never used the mobile banking app as I feel the anti-virus software is more robust on my PC - possibly wrongly!

My Avast often rejects the BIR website when I download the latest version but after downloading it doesn't pick anything up - maybe a false positive. 

• Like 1

mountainside
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I need to look into protection for my whole family, computers and phones.  Any ideas on the best for a family plan?

Maybe Bitdefender?  https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/family-pack.html?cid=ppc|c|google|60off&&s_kwcid=AL!6076!3!588045965400!e!!g!!bitdefender family&gad=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIu8L1rdz2_gIVF8_jBx1E4APnEAAYASAAEgK7C_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds  

• Like 2