Be careful buying online, especially from Lazada

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

It's nearly always the courier scamming if there's a rock or whatever in a package, the seller doesn't get the money for a week or so after delivery is confirmed.

Possum
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

It's nearly always the courier scamming if there's a rock or whatever in a package, the seller doesn't get the money for a week or so after delivery is confirmed.

Makes no sense. How can a courier affix a label from Manila to a package being delivered to the hinterlands and how can the courier get money when the seller is the payee?

Possum
Posted
Posted

As a follow up. I looked at Lazada today. the seller iSwitch Health is back on line with Lazada and selling. The same guy that sent me a 5 pound piece of concrete and had a case filed against him is back? Reminds me of when I worked in Nigeria. Crooks helping crooks as long as they get their cut. But as my wife said, The Philippines is not a civilized country in the first world sense, you can't expect the seller to be stopped due to wire fraud or similar offenses that would result in enforcement in other countries. It's the culture of corruption in the Philippines that you must accept to be happy here. She's right but at times it's frustrating even after 20 years.

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Greglm said:

Makes no sense. How can a courier affix a label from Manila to a package being delivered to the hinterlands and how can the courier get money when the seller is the payee?

They don't get the money, they just take the item. My wife sells a lot on Lazada, it happens regularly. And like I said the seller doesn't receive the money until the buyer confirms delivery or 7 days after delivery if no dispute is opened.

Here's an example of one, they open the bottom and then seal it again:

lpc.jpg

Edited by fillipino_wannabe
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Greglm said:

It's the culture of corruption in the Philippines that you must accept to be happy here. 

Unfortunately it's that mentality that ensures the place will never develop close to its potential.  

No disrespect to your wife Greg, mine is exactly the same.

Kingpin
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Greglm said:

in the Philippines that you must accept to be happy.

That's why expats flock here, escaping their own "developed" nation where everyone is miserable.

Edited by Kingpin

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kingpin said:

That's why expats flock here, escaping their own "developed" nation where everyone is miserable.

I wouldn't say 'everyone'... I'm not 'unhappy' in Australia... I just don't feel particularly useful there since I've retired (unlike here).

It would be more accurate to say I find Australia boring these days.

• Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, hk blues said:

Unfortunately it's that mentality that ensures the place will never develop close to its potential.  

No disrespect to your wife Greg, mine is exactly the same.

Understand. My wife has also mentioned those that expose corruption may come to an unnatural end, it happens.

• Like 2