ECC-B - Good for than one departure from the country?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am on 13A and always get ECC-B when leaving Philippines.  I seem to recall someone saying that ECC-B is good for 12 months?  So, I left PH in Dec. 2022, and now I plan to leave again in July 2023.  Any chance my ECC-B will be good for the new flight?  I have never left twice in 12 months before.

I have not done any research.  My receipt from the last ECC-B does not mention anything relevant.  I thought maybe someone has experience with this.

Edited by OnMyWay

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

No experience with it, but I see on the BI site that it is a single use document:

Meanwhile, ECC-B is issued to departing holders of Immigrant and Non-Immigrant visas with valid ACR I-cards and are leaving the country temporarily. It is a single-use receipt issued to evidence their Special Return Certificate (SRC) (for Non-Immigrants) or Re-entry Permit (RP) which is valid for one (1) year. It may be secured at the BI Main Office or in the airport upon departure.

https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration/posts/d41d8cd9/319737061498341/

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

No experience with it, but I see on the BI site that it is a single use document:

Yeah, I just read that and the statement generalizes about both ECCs.  I read on a funky travel web site that the 2nd one might cost less than the first.  I will bring the first one with me, just in case.  

Just double checked Tieza too and no breaks on the travel tax either.  So TT for for all of the family is 6480 and my ECC-B probably 2880.  p9360 for us to leave the country.  What a scam.

• Like 3

skippyscage
Posted
Posted (edited)

it's single use, but valid for 12 months from issuing date

2880p for the first time out each calendar year
2170p for any trips after that in the same calendar year (although many BI offices do not know this and keep charging 2880)

so if you leave twice make sure they give you that tiny discount

Edited by skippyscage
  • Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I left PH in Dec. 2022, and now I plan to leave again in July 2023

1 hour ago, skippyscage said:

2170p for any trips after that in the same calendar year

If they really mean "calendar" year then OMY is SOL.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, skippyscage said:

it's single use, but valid for 12 months from issuing date

2880p for the first time out each calendar year
2170p for any trips after that in the same calendar year (although many BI offices do not know this and keep charging 2880)

so if you leave twice make sure they give you that tiny discount

Thanks!

• Like 1

skippyscage
Posted
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If they really mean "calendar" year then OMY is SOL.

yeah - 1 Jan to 31 Dec (for the discounted 2nd trip rate) - the actual one issued is for a year from issuance

yeah you missed the discount by miles

Edited by skippyscage
  • Sad 1

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just back from a week in Thailand. I got my ECC-B at Clark airport. Cost, as mentioned above, was 2,880 pesos. I was told if I was planning to leave again within the next 12 months to hold onto the receipt as the fee would be less. No mention of “calendar year”. 

For those in need of an ECC-A, you will have to go to an immigration office to obtain it as the BOI at Clark airport only issues ECC-B’s. I don’t know if this also true for other airports like Manila or Cebu. Before my trip I did go to the BOI office in Angeles to get the ECC and was told the same. The Angeles office only processes ECC-A’s and ECC-B’s are now issued at the airport. 

@OnMyWay Worse case is you’ll have to pay the full amount. But I’d defiantly show them your receipt, maybe they’ll honor it or maybe not. As we all well know the rules here change on a seemingly daily basis and you never know what to expect, lol

IMG_1757.jpeg

Edited by Gator
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 6/12/2023 at 4:39 AM, Gator said:

Just back from a week in Thailand. I got my ECC-B at Clark airport. Cost, as mentioned above, was 2,880 pesos. I was told if I was planning to leave again within the next 12 months to hold onto the receipt as the fee would be less. No mention of “calendar year”. 

For those in need of an ECC-A, you will have to go to an immigration office to obtain it as the BOI at Clark airport only issues ECC-B’s. I don’t know if this also true for other airports like Manila or Cebu. Before my trip I did go to the BOI office in Angeles to get the ECC and was told the same. The Angeles office only processes ECC-A’s and ECC-B’s are now issued at the airport. 

@OnMyWay Worse case is you’ll have to pay the full amount. But I’d defiantly show them your receipt, maybe they’ll honor it or maybe not. As we all well know the rules here change on a seemingly daily basis and you never know what to expect, lol

IMG_1757.jpeg

So, here is what happened with ECC-B.  As stated in original post, I had paid ECC-B in December, and paid the full 2880.  Left NAIA terminal 3 on July 26th, about 7 month later, and forgot to bring my receipt from December.  I mentioned to her that I had go one in December.  I think they have it all in the computer.  I was charged 2380, exactly the same as Gator's pic, less the 500 Express Fee.

For Tieza, for some reason they did not charge the tax for my two dual citizen kids.  So I was only charged 3 X 1620 adults = 4860.  I'm not sure, but I may have only handed them the kids U.S. passports, because that is what I had ready for the airline check-in.  Nobody questioned it, so I saved p810 X 2.

Also, at term 3, they take CC for Tieza, so I paid it with my U.S. Mastercard.

Edited by OnMyWay

Possum
Posted
Posted

When the 4 of us left in May we didn't directly pay any travel tax as it was included in the plane tickets. As I have SRRV I didn't  need EC. We showed  both US and Philippine passports for the girls going and coming. Their Philippine passports were stamped when we returned but they have no stamps in their US passports.