Malaysia Advice

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Freebie said:

Make sure to walk around Brickfields which is the Indian area nearby KL Sentral.. very interesting area with a lot of history.. some very good Indian food if you look where all the locals are eating...

Yes, we will get back from Genting Highlands a bit late, most likely, and hit the Indian food, which I love.  My wife and 19 year old step daughter will probably enjoy too as long as not too spicy.  My two young girls will probably end up with McD or something, but maybe we can find them some non-spicy kebabs or something like that.  Maybe I can get them to like naan.

Our one night hotel there is the Easy Hotel, right underneath the monorail station.  Not fancy but good for a quick rest before leaving on the train to Penang in the morning.  I sent them a msg on Facebook messenger and they answered a bunch of questions immediately.  Great customer service that I am not used to here.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Lee said:

You might like this video-----an all day walk in KL.

Haven't seen that one yet but many others.  I will watch it later.  I'm trying to get our AirBnb close to one of the main areas, but there are several to see!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

A couple of years ago for my visa run, I stayed in the Swiss Garden Residences. A few minutes walk to Petaling Street which is where the road is partly closed at night and lots of food. Ate there every night. From there also walked to the Chinatown markets. Also easy walk into the city. The balcony had good views and the fireworks felt like you were in a war zone but great views.

I ran across Swiss Garden.  We would like to be close to one of the eating streets, but it also seems there is plenty eat everywhere!  Looking forward to the food!

Where / when do they do fireworks?  We would like that!

mountainside
Posted
Posted

Georgetown:  Red Garden Food Paradise.  Our favorite food court.  http://www.redgarden-food.com/content/home/index/site:redgarden-link:718

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

A couple of years ago for my visa run, I stayed in the Swiss Garden Residences. A few minutes walk to Petaling Street which is where the road is partly closed at night and lots of food. Ate there every night. From there also walked to the Chinatown markets. Also easy walk into the city. The balcony had good views and the fireworks felt like you were in a war zone but great views.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/33737596?source_impression_id=p3_1689412434_MtpfatC6KVbPuL5w

That host has 50 listings at Swiss Garden!  But they never come up on my Airbnb searches because all the 2 br are not available on our dates.  I went through his listings and looked at availability, and he has very very few open dates.  His business must be kicking A and with that many units he must have a big staff.

However, there are 2 br available on Agoda.  Sounds like you were happy with area, which is where I want to be.  Were you also happy with Swiss Garden, in general?

• 2 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 6/11/2023 at 10:24 AM, Sailor Jerry said:

Been flying Air Asia quite a lot of late, I think they are good, unlike Cebu Pacific. I'm a big fella but aisle seat fine. Enjoy your trip!

We were very pleasantly surprised with Air Asia!  Organized, good crew, and the A320 was clean and newer.  No advertising inside!  We left and arrived early.  My exit row was ok.

• Like 2

Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

Nice pics.

In the group that I was in, I was the only one to traverse the steps up and down---most in the group who refused to go were in their 30's.

Did you get harassed by the bands of marauding monkeys during your trek?

Edited by Lee
spelling
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

What is the multicolored area going up the hill?