DTI sends demand letters to Lazada, Shopee over sale of fake goods

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I know it's not fool-proof but we always only buy from sellers that have high ratings (yes, I know they can be "stacked" by fake accounts) and highly rated products with multiple sales.  Only ever COD as well, we never pay on Shopee or Lazada with cards or GCash and open the package before we pay the delivery guy.  I wish Paypal was more prevalent here, their dispute resolution is fast and second to none and they ban merchants with too many "strikes". 

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, BrettGC said:

I know it's not fool-proof but we always only buy from sellers that have high ratings (yes, I know they can be "stacked" by fake accounts) and highly rated products with multiple sales.  Only ever COD as well, we never pay on Shopee or Lazada with cards or GCash and open the package before we pay the delivery guy.  I wish Paypal was more prevalent here, their dispute resolution is fast and second to none and they ban merchants with too many "strikes". 

I feel a bit uneasy opening the packaging in front of the courier and if the goods were damaged or not what you ordered and then refused to pay and give the courier back the goods. Only had to do it once before. I also only make sure the seller has high ratings but mistakes do happen.

I had a delivery yesterday from Lazada COD. I just paid the guy and took my delivery in the house. Was all good exactly what I ordered.

• Like 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted

And both Lazada and Shoppee have been running for about 10 years here.. and it takes one irate columnist to get some action.....strange, very strange , but then we know where we live.

Similar to the lady going to Israel who was offloaded and her video seen 10 million times, Senate inquiry and Immigration promised to fix.....

They dont like attention and having their feet held to the fire.

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

I feel a bit uneasy opening the packaging in front of the courier and if the goods were damaged or not what you ordered and then refused to pay and give the courier back the goods. Only had to do it once before. I also only make sure the seller has high ratings but mistakes do happen.

I had a delivery yesterday from Lazada COD. I just paid the guy and took my delivery in the house. Was all good exactly what I ordered.

We've had a couple of dodgy deliveries and yes we pay, but we get the delivery guy to take a photo of the item to back up any dispute resolution.  The JT Express guy knows us really well, he knows and understands why we do it. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Just received my latest order from Lazada.  Jonnie Walker XR 21.  A blend from reserve scotch whiskeys, all of which have been aged at least 21 years.  A lot of scotch aficionados say they prefer this to Jonnie Walker Blue.  This is some serious sipping whiskey and I can hardly wait for the sun to go down. :smile:

Note - now that I live closer to Europe I spell whiskey with an "e".   Learned that from @Snowy79 :thumbsup:.

IMG_20230613_122421.jpg

IMG_20230613_122504.jpg

• Like 2

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, BrettGC said:

I know it's not fool-proof but we always only buy from sellers that have high ratings

Thefts and rock-replacement almost always happens after the real items leaves the seller, but that doesn't seem to be the issue here:

5 hours ago, Mike J said:

Rigoberto Tiglao ranted about his experience of buying fake and flawed appliances on Lazada.

Too bad these reporters don't know how to ask questions, like how these appliances turned out to be "fake and flawed".  But everyone knows "fake" designer goods are allowed to be sold everywhere in the Philippines, streets to malls.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Just received my latest order from Lazada.  Jonnie Walker XR 21.  A blend from reserve scotch whiskeys, all of which have been aged at least 21 years.  A lot of scotch aficionados say they prefer this to Jonnie Walker Blue.  This is some serious sipping whiskey and I can hardly wait for the sun to go down. :smile:

Note - now that I live closer to Europe I spell whiskey with an "e".   Learned that from @Snowy79 :thumbsup:.

IMG_20230613_122421.jpg

IMG_20230613_122504.jpg

Jonnie Walker?  I think you're a victim of a Lazada scam, Mike! :hystery:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Jonnie Walker?  I think you're a victim of a Lazada scam, Mike! :hystery:

I will do a follow up report after I do a taste test. 

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Here is nice hand bag you can by for the asawa that will having her over the moon with joy.  Regular price is 89,000 peso, reduced to to 150 peso, and if first time purchase only 99 peso.   At that price you should probably buy another one for yourself.  :hystery:

Screenshot_20230613_155606_com.lynnmobile.bubbleshooter.jpg

• Haha 2