DTI sends demand letters to Lazada, Shopee over sale of fake goods

hk blues
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Here is nice hand bag you can by for the asawa that will having her over the moon with joy.  Regular price is 89,000 peso, reduced to to 150 peso, and if first time purchase only 99 peso.   At that price you should probably buy another one for yourself.  :hystery:

Screenshot_20230613_155606_com.lynnmobile.bubbleshooter.jpg

Actually, I don't mind that kind of thing as it's not claiming to be a particular brand nor charging a price that would suggest it might be.  The DTI should be focusing their energy on the real scammers who are selling fakes dressed up as genuine and charging accordingly.  

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Actually, I don't mind that kind of thing as it's not claiming to be a particular brand nor charging a price that would suggest it might be.  The DTI should be focusing their energy on the real scammers who are selling fakes dressed up as genuine and charging accordingly.  

I agree.  There's plenty of merchants on both sites that are open about the fact they're selling "copies" or "clones" of any given article.  It's normally suffixed with the word "like", this is particularly true of fashion accessories and small consumer electronics like watches, phones etc.  Eg:  "Samsung S23 Ultra Like" phone.  They're being honest in their dishonesty?

I joined Amazon Prime years ago for the streaming services and it's only been the last couple of years ago that free shipping became a thing outside the US, so where possible I order from there rather than locally.  There's no guarantee anything will be any better but consumer protection and anti-piracy laws in OECD countries are actually stronger and tend to be enforced... to varying extents anyway.    

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

Duplicate post deleted.  I noticed a poster yesterday posting three times.  I was on my phone, and when I hit "reply", nothing happens.  Did it three times.

Edited by OnMyWay

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

Duplicate post deleted.  I noticed a poster yesterday posting three times.  I was on my phone, and when I hit "reply", nothing happens.  Did it three times.

Edited by OnMyWay

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Mike J said:

Here is nice hand bag you can by for the asawa that will having her over the moon with joy.  Regular price is 89,000 peso, reduced to to 150 peso, and if first time purchase only 99 peso.   At that price you should probably buy another one for yourself.  :hystery:

Screenshot_20230613_155606_com.lynnmobile.bubbleshooter.jpg

It's got Vegan Leather! :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

It's got Vegan Leather! :hystery:

Wait until you find out what "Canadian cotton" really is...

https://www.lazada.com.ph/tag/canadian-cotton/?q=canadian cotton

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Kingpin said:

Wait until you find out what "Canadian cotton" really is...

https://www.lazada.com.ph/tag/canadian-cotton/?q=canadian cotton

Made me curious. :89:

Canadian cotton is a cotton/poly blend.

<snip>Seems to retain its shape better and does not shrink when washed. Better durability than cotton and much more tear resistant.<end snip>

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Mike J said:

Canadian cotton is a cotton/poly blend.

:laugh:  Only in the Philippines.

• 2 weeks later...
Possum
Posted
Posted

You can't rely on reviews or ratings on Lazada. See this

https://www.lazada.com.ph/catalog/?spm=a2o4l.myreturn.search.d_go.5fa73e17kVD5FG&q=Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Pro Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 Earphone Sports Stereo

The seller was highly rated until today but now show as new seller.  Why? On a lark I ordered these earbuds knowing they were likely counterfeit but I could get my money back and if they worked a little I could give them to one of the kids. They came well packaged in a Samsung box with Samsung barcode and QR code. I was impressed. But of course the bar code and QR code were fake. The ear buds worked kind of but the Samsung app never recognized them. I left a review calling them counterfeit and simultaneously requested a refund from Lazada. The seller never responded so Lazada refunded my money but here's the interesting thing. My bad review was removed. This is the second time this has happened after receiving bad merchandise from Lazada. They remove the bad review and let them continue to sell they just say they are new sellers which is funny when some of the reviews are old.

Lazada is complicit in enabling and allowing counterfeit sellers to remain in business. Now that Amazon is shipping many items for free to the Philippines I foresee the eventual demise of Lazada and Shopee. I guess the crooks will be stuck with Facebook.

• Love it 1
  • Sad 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
On 6/13/2023 at 12:43 PM, Mike J said:

Just received my latest order from Lazada.  Jonnie Walker XR 21.  A blend from reserve scotch whiskeys, all of which have been aged at least 21 years.  A lot of scotch aficionados say they prefer this to Jonnie Walker Blue.  This is some serious sipping whiskey and I can hardly wait for the sun to go down. :smile:

Note - now that I live closer to Europe I spell whiskey with an "e".   Learned that from @Snowy79 :thumbsup:.

IMG_20230613_122421.jpg

IMG_20230613_122504.jpg

It's a Scotch so spelt as Whisky.  The Irish and Americans spell it Whiskey.

https://web.facebook.com/reel/1006106850560645

• Like 2