SMART Magic Data+

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

This nerd did the math for you.  I was wrong on the minutes, but what you buy might depend on your planned usage.  On many, I suspect I will run out of minutes / texts long before the data runs out, so then you have to decide how to get more minutes if you need them.

Screenshot (1044).png

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

This nerd did the math for you.  I was wrong on the minutes, but what you buy might depend on your planned usage.  On many, I suspect I will run out of minutes / texts long before the data runs out, so then you have to decide how to get more minutes if you need them.

Screenshot (1044).png

Plan 24 looks the best value for money, it's sort of diminishing returns any larger than that.  It's good to know that the data carries over when you load as well.  Nice ground work Don. 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Plan 24 looks the best value for money, it's sort of diminishing returns any larger than that.  

How did you come to that conclusion?

The chart shows that plan 48 has the lowest cost per GB and also the lowest cost per min/txt.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Viking said:

How did you come to that conclusion?

The chart shows that plan 48 has the lowest cost per GB and also the lowest cost per min/txt.

I just reread it and realised that as well.  I was looking at the per peso amounts per GB.  3 peso difference between the 3rd and 4th load but only about a 1.5 peso difference between the 4th and the 5th.  Yep it's cheaper.

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Smart do an unlimited Rocket Sim for 799 peso. 

• Like 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

Smart do an unlimited Rocket Sim for 799 peso. 

It's limited to 30 days if I'm not mistaken?

The big benefit with magic data is that it's valid until you used up all the data you have loaded into it, no time limit.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Viking said:

It's limited to 30 days if I'm not mistaken?

The big benefit with magic data is that it's valid until you used up all the data you have loaded into it, no time limit.

Correct but I use a crazy amount of data per month. 

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Almost ready to give up on Smart, purchased a 5g sim and the P800 unlimited data as we down load a lot of movies. First couple of months was incredible, speeds mostly over 300 down and around 40 up, using a Samsung 13A, cell, was also our hot spot.

Few weeks back noticed it slowing down, not even capable of playing you tube, tried the help desk which we could not get through to speak to a person. Went to the office in SM explained the issue, my fone was checked, also sim, no problem. They made report and said good by..... Now couple weeks later no improvement, tried again help desk....useless, will visit again Smart tomorrow.

• Sad 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RBM said:

Almost ready to give up on Smart, purchased a 5g sim and the P800 unlimited data as we down load a lot of movies. First couple of months was incredible, speeds mostly over 300 down and around 40 up, using a Samsung 13A, cell, was also our hot spot.

Few weeks back noticed it slowing down, not even capable of playing you tube, tried the help desk which we could not get through to speak to a person. Went to the office in SM explained the issue, my fone was checked, also sim, no problem. They made report and said good by..... Now couple weeks later no improvement, tried again help desk....useless, will visit again Smart tomorrow.

My annoyance with them was it started at 499 peso and in the space of two years has increased to 799 peso for the same unlimited plan.