SMART Magic Data+

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

SMART now offers Magic Data +. which includes some call minutes and texts that also never expire.  This is perfect for me.  Of course, landlines still not included.  

They have 2 GB too, not shown in this pic.

Screenshot (1041).png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Great! I have given up on Globe whose data plan seems to always expire at night.  We have to go to a retail outlet because our foreign credit cards as not acceptable for online purchases and we can't get G-Cash without a local bank account.  

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, JJReyes said:

we can't get G-Cash without a local bank account.  

Is that requirement something new or a Globe thing? I opened a G-Cash account back in December and I only had to upload an ID to get verified (I’m using a Smart SIM). They never asked about linking a bank account. I do load mine via my BPI peso account (no fees), but it’s not linked to my G-Cash account. 

@OnMyWay Thanks for the info! I loaded the 48 gig plan last December and am still using it.  I use cell data a lot when I’m out at the cafe to read news, google maps and surfing the web. I don’t stream vids much. Still have 29.95 gigs left. Although on the upcoming road trip I suspect I’ll burn through a fair amount of data. 

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Great! I have given up on Globe whose data plan seems to always expire at night.  We have to go to a retail outlet because our foreign credit cards as not acceptable for online purchases and we can't get G-Cash without a local bank account.  

You can pay with Lazada

• Like 1

JamesBond
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Smart's GigaLife app works with my US credit card. I'm a fan of the Magic Data+ too, but still keep some pesos in your account for calling landlines.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I will switch to Smart on my next visit.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Nice.  

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Gator said:

@OnMyWay Thanks for the info! I loaded the 48 gig plan last December and am still using it.  I use cell data a lot when I’m out at the cafe to read news, google maps and surfing the web. I don’t stream vids much. Still have 29.95 gigs left. Although on the upcoming road trip I suspect I’ll burn through a fair amount of data. 

I loaded last December too.  I think they have changed the loads for the better now, as I paid 399 for less than 24 gb, I think.  I have 2.75 gb left.  I'm wondering if you get a new chunk of data, will that old data be added?  I guess I will be the guinea pig and try.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I loaded last December too.  I think they have changed the loads for the better now, as I paid 399 for less than 24 gb, I think.  I have 2.75 gb left.  I'm wondering if you get a new chunk of data, will that old data be added?  I guess I will be the guinea pig and try.

Yeah, it seems they've dropped the prices on the basic data only. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I have 2.75 gb left.  I'm wondering if you get a new chunk of data, will that old data be added?  I guess I will be the guinea pig and try.

Yes, it works.  I added 6 gb and I now have 8.75 + 100 min calls and 100 text.  I think the 6 gb plan is best for calls, if you need the calls a lot.

• Thanks 2