SMART Magic Data+

Viking
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, RBM said:

Almost ready to give up on Smart, purchased a 5g sim and the P800 unlimited data as we down load a lot of movies. First couple of months was incredible, speeds mostly over 300 down and around 40 up, using a Samsung 13A, cell, was also our hot spot.

Few weeks back noticed it slowing down, not even capable of playing you tube, tried the help desk which we could not get through to speak to a person. Went to the office in SM explained the issue, my fone was checked, also sim, no problem. They made report and said good by..... Now couple weeks later no improvement, tried again help desk....useless, will visit again Smart tomorrow.

I could be wrong on this, but I think I read somewhere that the downloading speed drops dramatically when a certain amount of data is reached.

Maybe that's the reason of your problem?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Viking said:

I could be wrong on this, but I think I read somewhere that the downloading speed drops dramatically when a certain amount of data is reached.

Maybe that's the reason of your problem?

I read their web page and it promises no limits, caps or throttling.

All of these internet companies have issues at some time or another, and usually the support sucks.  My neighbors and Angeles City expats post about this company or that company everyday.

Viking
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I read their web page and it promises no limits, caps or throttling.

That's good. It was some time ago I read it so it's apparently not like any longer.👍

RBM
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

My annoyance with them was it started at 499 peso and in the space of two years has increased to 799 peso for the same unlimited plan. 

For me its well worth it if it works like it used to

RBM
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Viking said:

That's good. It was some time ago I read it so it's apparently not like any longer.👍

Correct it sucks at moment, not even able watch you tube, Going again to Smart soon to complain, its does nothing just allows one to vent, required as it takes over an hour to drive the 6KM, plus 10 minutes walk to SM as car parks always full, think  most sleep there in car.

• Haha 1