ECC now online. Visa extensions also

• Jollygoodfellow changed the title to ECC now online. Visa extensions also
gabgab
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just had a look, looks good. When you try to register with your email address, you may get a message that it's already in use (since you have given that address to BI at some point). In that case, just click 'Reset password' so as to create a new password for yourself and log in. You will then find your details already in the system.

Seems you can pick which office to pick up your ACR from, which would be nice.

Interesting to know whether you need to print a physical copy of your extensions or can from now on just show a PDF on your phone instead.

Please share your experiences if you actually use it!

Edited by gabgab
  • Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Nice to see BOI moving in a direction that should make life easier.  I hope they incorporate the annual report into their system.

• Like 5

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Good news, I'll be doing hopefully what is my last 6 month extension in September before switching to a more permanent visa so that'll save us a 5-6 hour return drive.  Even if they don't allow 6 months online it'll be worth the little extra for the shorter extension.  

• Like 3

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

I hope they incorporate the annual report into their system.

I think appearing in person matters to those in charge, would love to be proven wrong one day.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

I think appearing in person matters to those in charge, would love to be proven wrong one day.

You do not have to appear in person if you are a senior.  You can give someone a limited power of attorney and they can appear on your behalf.

• Like 2

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Mike J said:

You do not have to appear in person if you are a senior.  You can give someone a limited power of attorney and they can appear on your behalf.

Or disabled, both exceptions to the rule of appearing in person.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Good news, I'll be doing hopefully what is my last 6 month extension in September before switching to a more permanent visa so that'll save us a 5-6 hour return drive.  Even if they don't allow 6 months online it'll be worth the little extra for the shorter extension.  

There is an option to choose. 

6 months.PNG

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mike J said:

Nice to see BOI moving in a direction that should make life easier.  I hope they incorporate the annual report into their system.

bi page.PNG

• Thanks 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Fun, getting the following error in Chrome and Edge:

image.png

Can't prove I'm not a robot. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1