ECC now online. Visa extensions also

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, I read it and I hope I am wrong.  If look at the FAQs on their website, there are many references to "appointments" but nothing clear on not having to visit the office for certain transactions.

Why did my application get canceled all of a sudden?
- The Bureau of Immigration reserves the right to cancel an appointment due to unforeseen circumstances (eg. calamity, local holiday). An e-mail detailing the cancellation of your online appointment along with a notice to manually book for a new appointment date will be sent to you.

What happens when I arrive late for my appointment?
- You will not be allowed to enter the office. Please arrive early to avoid inconveniencing yourself and other clients.

I wouldn't read too much into the mention of appointments on the portal - for the Annual Report the appointment system is there but not accessible, at least for me.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I wouldn't read too much into the mention of appointments on the portal - for the Annual Report the appointment system is there but not accessible, at least for me.

Yes, I have an account due to my annual report this year, and did make the appointment online.

I guess we will not know for sure how the online extensions work until a Guinea pig does one.  I have not done and extension in years, but don't they need to put something in your passport? 

• Thanks 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

I have not done and extension in years, but don't they need to put something in your passport? 

The 'put a shiny visa sticker in your passport' thing has been gone for some years now, I don't remember exactly when but it was a while before Covid hit.

These days they give you a printed receipt and another print out with your extension details, you have to keep those (all of those not just the current one) to show on exit from the country.

I'm not sure what they'll do for e-extension receipts and information if that's on your phone? 

Maybe they'll expect you to get them printed?  :whistling:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, I have an account due to my annual report this year, and did make the appointment online.

I guess we will not know for sure how the online extensions work until a Guinea pig does one.  I have not done and extension in years, but don't they need to put something in your passport? 

Yep...I wasn't specific in my post.  What I meant to say was I made an appointment but with no specific date/time detailed.  It simply stated attend during the AR reporting period.

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Is it possible to renew the 13a spouse visa card on line?

• Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jimeve said:

Is it possible to renew the 13a spouse visa card on line?

I don't think this has been advised as yet.  Now that the photo and fingerprint are digitally captured I don't see why not.  

• Like 1

usa32
Posted
Posted

Has anyone gotten this to work yet? How long were you able to extend? How much was it? What was required?

Thank you