'Be at the airport three hours before flight.'

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

It could I'm sure.  But I don't think that would satisfy BI's goal.  

So what is their goal?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

So what is their goal?

Not making it easy for Filipinas to come and go freely it would seem.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

longway
Posted
Posted

The anti trafficking folks at the UN, USA, and other contribitors will stop sending the BI lots of money if they don't continue to show good numbers in their stop, question, and deny reports, These contributors see themselves as doing Gods work. None of the contributers care about the travelors distress. The more strict the BI is the more money they get. It's not rocket science.

Possum
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, longway said:

The anti trafficking folks at the UN, USA, and other contribitors will stop sending the BI lots of money if they don't continue to show good numbers in their stop, question, and deny reports,

Evidence of this?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Possum said:

Evidence of this?

You can google that for yourself.  Start here:

The US department of State recommends the US " . . . .Increase support to government and NGO programs that provide specialized care for trafficking victims, including child victims of online sexual exploitation. . ." https://www.state.gov/reports/2023-trafficking-in-persons-report/philippines

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

UPDATE:  The land acquisition for the New Manila International Airport (NMIA) in Bulacan is nearly complete.  The development group expects to begin construction next year. The Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) will be privatized.  I recall Margaret Thatcher did the same thing in Great Britain including London Heathrow Airport.  

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 7/20/2023 at 1:15 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

You can google that for yourself.  Start here:

What a joke that is, considering the current U.S. administration has enabled human traffickers and drug smugglers at the Southern border.  85,000 migrant children are missing.  Mexican cartels are ruthless and are getting super wealthy.  Woman and children are raped during their journey, on a regular basis.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
usa32
Posted
Posted

on my flight out, which was a midnight flight, I showed up 4 hours early, and still we all had to rush to the plane. Why? Quatar had 2 checkin people for VIP/first class. And only had 1, for everyone else in coach/economy. About 300 people. We all stood in line about 3 hours, then had to rush through immigration, to finally get to our flight. The incompetence at the manilla airport, is the reason for missed flights in most cases, not the consumer.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Joey G
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, usa32 said:

Quatar had 2 checkin people for VIP/first class. And only had 1, for everyone else in coach/economy. About 300 people. We all stood in line about 3 hours, then had to rush through immigration, to finally get to our flight. The incompetence at the manilla airport, is the reason for missed flights in most cases, not the consumer.

Yeah but it sounds more like Qatar airlines is the issue in this case. The airlines is the one who decided to have 2 for VIP/FC/BC and one for economy.  Why is the airport responsible for who Qatar has running their checkin operations? 

Now if you get stopped or slowed by airport security, then agree, the airport system is the primary issue. 

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, usa32 said:

on my flight out, which was a midnight flight, I showed up 4 hours early, and still we all had to rush to the plane. Why? Quatar had 2 checkin people for VIP/first class. And only had 1, for everyone else in coach/economy. About 300 people. We all stood in line about 3 hours, then had to rush through immigration, to finally get to our flight. The incompetence at the manilla airport, is the reason for missed flights in most cases, not the consumer.

That sucks.  I was looking forward to trying Qatar sometime, as I had only heard good things about them.  If I do, it will be from Clark.

3 hours in line, I think I would be screaming bloody murder!