'Be at the airport three hours before flight.'

usa32
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Joey G said:

Yeah but it sounds more like Qatar airlines is the issue in this case. The airlines is the one who decided to have 2 for VIP/FC/BC and one for economy.  Why is the airport responsible for who Qatar has running their checkin operations? 

Now if you get stopped or slowed by airport security, then agree, the airport system is the primary issue. 

Where its Qatar Philippines. This sorta also goes to most Filipino workers. None of them are able to react out of the box. When it was clear, that more people were needed to work the economy line, as few were going through the vip, they should of adjusted. Furthermore, they had two people at one counter open. Multiple others running around, not doing any work. Where was the manager in this scenario? I would assume the manager was Filipino. While maybe not directly related to the "airport" these things only appear to happen in the Philippines, so whether its the people working, the lack of management from the company at this location, or the airport itself. There continues to be long unneeded delays at manilla. 

usa32
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

That sucks.  I was looking forward to trying Qatar sometime, as I had only heard good things about them.  If I do, it will be from Clark.

3 hours in line, I think I would be screaming bloody murder!

I went up and started letting them know as nicely as possible that these people are going to miss their flight, because of your incompetence. Qatar runs smoothly, i have nothing but good things to say about them and the way things were ran throughout the flight. It was simply yet again the manilla airport and the people working there.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

My only comment is why would we expect airport services ran by locals to be different to services ran by locals elsewhere in the Philippines?  

• Thanks 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, hk blues said:

My only comment is why would we expect airport services ran by locals to be different to services ran by locals elsewhere in the Philippines?  

I would assume that many international airlines with services to and from the Philippines would have a mix of international managers and local staff.

That may not be enough to change local work habits though :whistling:

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

I would assume that many international airlines with services to and from the Philippines would have a mix of international managers and local staff.

That may not be enough to change local work habits though :whistling:

I'm pretty sure you're right - on both counts! :smile:

It's a bit like rotten apples in a barrel, isn't it - it would be a rare case where the good apples make the rotten ones good but conversely...

• Like 2