No more Covid test and proof of vaccination required.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

Don't throw away those proof of vaccination cards.  The potential resurgence of Covid and its variations might mean another vaccination will be recommended and the information added to existing cards.  More than a year ago, there were already predictions that an annual jab may become the norm just like flu shots.

My mate who lives on Luzon said he had his third booster recently, and said there is another covid 19 variant in the UK. Looks like covid 19 is here for ever.

So I'm trying to find out if the booster vac is still available in The Philippines?

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Yes theres a booster , given charitably  by Lithuania. First immuno compromised , then health workers and  seniors ( any senior regardless of nationality ).. DOH thinks many of these will go to waste as it had an expiry of July 31st but manufacturer "extended " that till end August.

At 66 I have plenty of things to concern me, but covid....no that doesnt. And yes we all have differing views on this.

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, jimeve said:

So I'm trying to find out if the booster vac is still available in The Philippines?

Definitely available, in fact there is a pop up (but semi-permanent) booth at Limketkai mall where they are offering vaccinations, not only for Covid boosters but also for influenza and pneumonia.

I didn't get one, even though I'm eligible, because I'm heading back to Australia for a visit and I'd rather get the newer bivalent vaccine booster rather than the earlier single one they have available here now.

Although I did read that bivalent boosters are coming to the Philippines (not sure when).

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Although I did read that bivalent boosters are coming to the Philippines (not sure when).

That's the same booster my mate had on Luzon.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jimeve said:

That's the same booster my mate had on Luzon.

They'll probably keep using the earlier booster shots until they run out... and given the small number of people they seem to be getting as 'customers' that might be a while :whistling:

• Like 3

Gator
Posted
Posted
On 8/1/2023 at 2:32 AM, JamesBond said:

Are masks on domestic transportation still required?

Ground transportation and ferries - no longer required. Domestic flights - yes, still required (at least as of 2 weeks ago when the wife flew from Cebu to Clark). I don’t know about international flights. 

longway
Posted
Posted

One week ago a friend flew domestic flight. Manila - Cebu, Air Asia. No masks required. Might be Captain (Pilot) dependant as far as requiring.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, GeoffH said:

They'll probably keep using the earlier booster shots until they run out... and given the small number of people they seem to be getting as 'customers' that might be a while :whistling:

Aren't there pretty strict expiry dates on them?

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Aren't there pretty strict expiry dates on them?

I read that the expiry dates of some batches have already been 'extended' in the Philippines... 

• I'm Confused 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I read that the expiry dates of some batches have already been 'extended' in the Philippines... 

And you could probably safely bet none of the medical facilities have the required super cold refrigeration..

• Like 1