No more Covid test and proof of vaccination required.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, BrettGC said:

And you could probably safely bet none of the medical facilities have the required super cold refrigeration..

Some types of Covid vaccines and Flu vaccines only need normal refigeration which 'could' be possible here but I'm not confident.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2

longway
Posted
Posted

I was employed by a major drug manufacturing company. Our listed expiration dates on prescription drugs were determined by keeping samples of the drug at various temperatures within and outside of label directions and humidiy conditions. Samples were then tested for their Safety and Efficacy on a regular basis.The length of time under testing was based on the expected sales volumes and the customers estimated shelf time after purchase. When the drug proved still Safe, Chemically stable, and Effective after holding for the allotted time, the testing was stopped and an expiration date assigned. With only a very few exceptions the drugs were not tested to failure. The expiration date is almost never the date the drug is no longer any good and if a company wanted to extend the date it's just a matter of continuing to hold and test it to a later date. We had a few powders with several years expiration dry that would be reconstitued at point of use and then had to be used within a few hours.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Gator said:

Domestic flights - yes, still required (at least as of 2 weeks ago when the wife flew from Cebu to Clark). I don’t know about international flights. 

Cebu Pacific?  Same to Palawan last month but they were not strict.   When we left for KL on Air Asia, we saw passengers scrambling for their masks while walking down the jetway, so we did too.  Then we were greeted by a smiling crew.  They have smiles?  I had forgotten!

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Cebu Pacific?  Same to Palawan last month but they were not strict.   When we left for KL on Air Asia, we saw passengers scrambling for their masks while walking down the jetway, so we did too.  Then we were greeted by a smiling crew.  They have smiles?  I had forgotten!

Yes, Cebu Pacific. But like you said about Air Asia - they were not strict. Many ppl were dick nosing it or simply removed them after the got into their seats. 

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Had 4 intl and 4 domestic flights in past 6 months.. no masks needed on any flight.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 7/31/2023 at 6:02 AM, BrettGC said:

As for the e-travel thing, that's here to stay. 

E-travel.  Here to stay?  Dunno.

We were an hour away from NAIA last Saturday when I realized I had completely forgotten about e-travel.  I was a bit nervous about it.  We were approaching immigration and I noticed two small white booths just inside the entry before you line up for immigration.  In January I think we did something there with the e-arrival, but there was nobody there.  So we just proceeded through immigration and customs.  Nobody asked about E-travel, outbound or inbound.  It must be an "on you honor" system.

• Like 2

BLM
Posted
Posted

I heard from a friend who flew in from Guam last week. No one even asked about the E service.